- 1 Top 5 Best Baitcasting Reel Reviews
- 2 Top 10 Best Baitcasting Reel Reviews Under 50, 100 And 200 Dollars
- 3 Final Words
Top 5 Best Baitcasting Reel Reviews
When it comes to baitcasting, the first thing that we need to mention here is, the experienced users might be aware of the term “baitcasting”, for the novice users, it means the spinning reels. These are also known as the spool reels. These were developed for allowing the use of artificial flies Most of the time, the abu garcia baitcaster reel comes with a casting rod along with a trigger handle. This is just the opposite of the spinning reel that is placed underneath a spinning rod along with the line guides facing down.
The casting reels are available in both left and right handed models but the right-handed models are more popular. It is not possible to swap the handles and this is why you have to choose the best fit abu garcia baitcaster. If you don’t want to switch hands, then the best option is to choose such a configuration that is just the same as the spinning reel setup. Now, in this section of the article, we are going to bring you the most important things that you need to check out while buying baitcasting reels.
Choosing the right gear ratio is very much important
The gear ratio describes the speed of the reels. All the abu garcia revo stx baitcasting reels come with a gear ratio. The most common gear ratios are 5:4:1, 6:4:1 and 7:1:1. But the thing is what do these numbers mean? The first set of numbers mean that how many revolutions the spool will make for every turn of the reel handle. The most common ratio for the gear is 6:4:1.
This allows abu garcia revo stx for both fast and slow moving as well. But there are certain gears and techniques, a very high and low gear ratio works best. For instance, if you want to burn spinnerbait, then the best option is to choose the 7:4:1 ratio. On the other hand, if you are working on crankbait, then the best option is a slow gear ratio for the bait caster. The higher gear ratios are much better in the fishing areas of small strike zones. This allows the bait to get back into the boat.
The baitcasting reels come with braking systems as well. These brakes adjust and then slow down the rotation of the spool within the cast. If there is no braking system, then there would be a constant backlash. If you are unaware of the term, it means a knotted mess of the line that you are left when the spool continues to revolve after the lure has stopped working. While buying a bait caster, you need to know that, there are two types of brakes that are available.
One is the centrifugal brake that is fiction based. These use the pins on the side of the plate of the reel for making adjustments. To engage the brakes, you have to push the pins forward. To get a six pattern baitcaster reel system, you need to adjust the pins that are across each other. Both the pins need to be either on or off. The magnetic brakes are a bit complicated but they depend mostly on the magnets for decreasing the spool revolution rate. These brakes are also adjustable by the angler.
This is another important factor that needs to be remembered while choosing the right baitcaster reel. If you are choosing a larger and stronger spool size, then you shall need a heavier line and this is going to take up a lot more space than you can ever imagine. Now, if that is the case, then you need to check out a reel that has got a nice and deep spool which is capable of holding all the line that you shall need.
You shall also need an extra line to let the larger fish make the runs. So, you have to keep in mind that, the larger the fish, the bigger spool you shall need. You can opt for the lighter lines for baitcaster vs spinning reel if you are choosing to do bass fishing. If you check out the 12-pound test, it will help you in knowing the strength without sacrificing the versatility and getting the accuracy as well.
You have to remember that comfort is the key while considering baitcaster vs spinning reel. If you are buying a baitcasting reel that is not really comfortable for you, then you will not be able to become an effective angler. If you get a comfortable grip and a well-balanced rod, then it will help you with the accuracy, especially when you have done a number of single outings of baitcasting.
So, you have to take time and then make a final decision about selecting the right baitcasting reels. Test the mechanisms of different reels like the thumb latches, reeling handles, drag settings, tensioners and other features as well. You can purchase from anywhere, but the best option is to check out a store that has got a good collection of baitcasting reels.
How to spool a baitcaster – be a professional in few steps
Here are the points that are going to help you in being one of the most professional bait casters.
- Well, the first thing that you ought to understand is the specification of the baitcasting reels. This is a very important step. For this, you have to stick to the instructions of the manufacturer and then check the recommendations for the type of rod. Also, you need to know how you have to set up the tension of the spool. Consider the right braking systems and the best rod length.
- The next thing you have to take care is to reel the line correctly. To make sure how to use a best baitcasting reel, you have to opt for a heavy line. You have to reel in line till the bait is either six or twelve inches long. If you have got a bobber or a sinker attached to the line, then you have to make sure that it is also 6-12 inches away from the rod tip.
- You have to clutch the rod just behind the best baitcasting reel once you have placed the thumb over the reel pool. With the baitcaster rod, you have to switch hands while making the casts and to attain more control over the line during casting, it is important that the thumb is placed on the spool at an angle, instead of a flat line.
- Now, adjust the rod so that it can be pointed upwards. If you are right-handed, you need to hold the rod in one o’clock position. This will enable you in using the wrist while making the casts. And if you use your left hand, then the handles will be faced down. Now, you can press the release button. Once you do this, you need to make sure that your limb is firmly placed on the spool. Majority of the best baitcasting reel under 100 come with a release button that is placed behind the spool. This is what makes it easier.
- Then it is the time to train your thumb. Remember, while using the best baitcasting reel under 100, your thumb is going to control the spool and it will also ride on it. First of all, tie the reel on an object of not so much weight and then, sit down, loosen up the spool control till the weight goes down freely. By doing this, you will eventually get better at nabbing a high-quality bait.
- Now, let go of the spool. Once you let go of the spool, you are allowing the weight to drop. This will reduce the chances of backlash during the first cast. The reason is it sets up the braking mechanism in such a way that the spool stops spinning while the weight reaches the ground. For increasing the casting distance, you have to reduce using the brakes once you become an expert at using the daiwa baitcaster.
- Make the cast and avoid the backlash. For avoiding any backlash, just release the button that your thumb is resting on the spool. You have to cast the weight with your whole arm and not only the wrist for snapping the lure forward. The handle of the reel needs to be faced upwards for increasing the performance of the reels. If you are making longer casts, you have to make sure that the braking system of the daiwa baitcaster has been loosened.
- Finally, when the high-quality bait has hit the target, you should stop immediately. Just press the reel spool with your thumb for stopping the bait when it has hit the target. You must remember to do this on time. If you fail to do this on time, then the spool will keep running and will eventually lead to an overrun. And if this happens, then you will have to straighten up the baitcaster reel before retrieving the lure.
Now that we have mentioned the different things to keep in mind on how to spool a baitcaster, here are the top 5 baitcasting reels that you need to check out.
Top 10 Best Baitcasting Reel Reviews Under 50, 100 And 200 Dollars
#1. Kastking Royale Baitcasting Reel
This is a low profile lews baitcaster that comes with a super silent speed of 7.0.1 line retrieve. One of the best features of this baitcasting reel is it comes with unmatched precision cut brass gear structure along with a carbon fiber drag system that delivers 17.5 lbs of drag for offering excellent performance.
This baitcasting reel also comes with shielded MaxiDur corrosion-resistant ball bearing that enhances smooth performances and long life as well. This lews baitcaster also comes with dual brakes that are easy to fine tune. The centrifugal and magnetic brakes offer superior casting control. It has got 2 colors anodized aluminum spool for maximum strength without increasing the weight.
- These are low profile lews fishing reels with super silent speed.
- It has got an excellent corrosion resistant feature that enhances long life.
- The lews fishing reels brakes offer superb casting control.
- Some of the users found the braking a bit difficult for low-quality bait but overall this is a brilliant baitcasting reel.
#2. Piscifun Torrent Baitcasting Reel
These are an advanced level baitcasting musky reels that offer a very powerful carbon fiber drag of 18lbs for handling big fishes. This baitcasting reel has been designed for high usage. It comes with industrial level durability, climate resistant feature with 3604 Hami cut brass gears making it top quality for baitcasting reels. Another important feature of these baitcasting musky reels is they offer super silent high speed with 7.1.1 line for ultimate fishing performance.
There is a unique side plate oil port that eases the maintenance for the novice users and offers ultimate fishing experience. This will maximize your baitcasting experience and performance. There are strong and double wind shafts for backwash eliminating and 0-10 magnetic dial in settings as well.
- This pro’s choice marine comes with a unique side plate oil port for ease of maintenance.
- There are strong wind shafts for backwashing.
- The pro’s choice of marine offers high-speed performance.
- Some of the users experienced rust coming out of the reel piston hole during low-quality bait if it is not used for some.
#3. Abu Garcia BMAX3 Baitcasting Reel
This is a sleek, lightweight, and stylish saltwater baitcaster that comes with graphite frame and the graphite side plates as well. This makes it sturdy. There are 4 ball bearings of steel and another roller ball bearing that increases the reliable operation. You also amaze to know that there is a power disk system that ensures a silky and smooth drag through the complete drag range.
There are MagTrax brake systems that provide superior castability and offer a variety of lures. It comes with a compact bent handle as well and recessed reel foot that ensures an ergonomic grip. Overall, this is one of the most popular saltwater baitcaster reels that you can buy without worrying about any difficulties.
- This one has got a compact handle and reel a reel foot that offers ergonomic grip.
- There is a power disk system that ensures a very smooth drag.
- The ball bearings make the operation smooth.
- Some of the users are concerned about the quality of the shimano baitcasting reels.
#4. Sougayilang Baitcasting Reel
These are lightweight shimano saltwater reels made up of carbon side plates. It can handle extreme weather conditions and comes with a handle for heavyweight fishes. This reel has got corrosion resistance features. It is rigid enough to last for a long period of time. It can go on all day. This baitcasting reel is very smooth and powerful. It comes with shielded corrosion resistant feature along with MaxiDur ball Bearings.
CNC Machined Aluminum Spool, a very high tensile gear and durable disc carbon fiber with a capacity of 18lbs drag. There are features like magnetic brakes that offer tournament ready adjustments. It comes with a double line winding shafts that increase the winding stability and the durability as well. The extended aluminum crank gives the leverage and power that is needed for pulling out the biggest fish. The shimano saltwater reels come with a 1-year warranty.
- It has got durable disc carbon fiber for a drag of 18lbs.
- The double lining wind shafts increase winding stability and durability.
- The extended aluminum crank offers leverage and power.
- There is a warranty of only 1 year.
#5. Piscifun Phantom Baitcasting Reel
This is a lightweight bait caster that comes with a carbon fiber frame. There are side plates that come with handles and make it easy to carry without reducing the strength and durability. This one has got high-performance gear ratio that offers long distance, accurate casting, and instant hook set. Do you know that there are 6 anti-corrosion stainless steel ball bearings along with 1 clutch bearing.
There are shields as well for extending the durability. There is a strong powder that comes with anodized aircraft grade aluminum main gear and pinion gear paired with a 4 disc carbon fiber drag that is capable of dragging 17lbs to deal with the biggest fish. You also love to know that there is also a dual brake system in this baitcaster reel that comes with a centrifugal brake and magnetic brakes.
- It is easy to use.
- It is very much durable and capable of handling tough fishes.
- There is a dual brake system.
- The handle is a bit oversized.
In this blog, we have brought you the top 5 best baitcasting reels. We have also covered the most important things to check out before you buy a baitcaster reel. You need to remember that, always wear protective clothing while going for baitcasting. This will protect you from any pointed hooks or other sharp needles while baitcasting.
Plan to make your casts in an open area away from the trees and you have o keep practicing till you are becoming an expert at baitcasting. This is not about casting baits or lures that are light. For instance, if the lures weigh less than a quarter ounce, then it is not suitable for baitcasting. Keeping all these things in mind, we hope that you are going to find a brilliant baitcasting reel. All the best!