- 1 Top 10 Best Granite Sealer Reviews
- 2 Top 10 Best Laser Printer Reviews Under 100, 200, 50 Dollars
- 2.1 Brother MFCL2700DW Compact Laser All-In-One Printer
- 2.2 Brother HL-L2340DW Compact Laser Printer
- 2.3 Samsung SL-M2020W/XAA Wireless Monochrome Laser Printer - Amazon Dash Replenishment Enabled
- 2.4 Canon Lasers imageCLASS LBP151dw Wireless Monochrome Laser Printer
- 2.5 Brother HL-L2380DW Wireless Monochrome Laser Printer, Amazon Dash Replenishment Enabled
- 2.6 Brother DCPL2540DW Wireless Compact Laser Printer, Amazon Dash Replenishment Enabled
- 2.7 Brother HL-3170CDW Digital Color Laser Printer with Wireless Networking and Duplex, Amazon Dash Replenishment Enabled
- 2.8 Brother MFCL2740DW Wireless Monochrome Printer with Scanner, Copier, and Fax, Amazon Dash Replenishment Enabled
- 2.9 HP LaserJet Pro M402n Monochrome Laser Printer
- 2.10 Brother HL-L2300D Monochrome Laser Printer with Duplex Printing
- 2.11 Advantages Of Laser Printer
- 2.12 How to choose the better laser printer out of the extensive lot?
- 2.13 Conclusion :
Top 10 Best Granite Sealer Reviews
The transfer of ideas and propagation of information are amongst the most important aspects of creating a more informed world. This is the primary reason for humans always looking up for methods to record their ideas on something that could be circulated. The arrival of printing was one of the major achievements in this respect as it allowed easy transfer of ideas and data to a much wider chunk of the audience.
With the inception of computers, the technology of printing has changed drastically. Now it is a requisite to own a printer in the workspace for daily purposes. There have been a lot of developments in this area as more sophisticated and able devices have come up relentlessly over the years.
Laser Printer v/s Inkjet Printer
While the development on the technological front has been a boon in most of the aspects of life, it also comes with some issues; issues like over-availability of options. Printers have come a long way from being the hazy and not so decent looking black and white scribbles to the marvelous colorful scribblers with the ability to create even the most intricate of designs and detailing. The major issue in the present context for the user is the choice between inkjet and laser printers.
The dilemma over the choice of type of printers has made the selection procedure a hell lot of difficult for any buyer. Here we are trying to compare both the parties in this dispute and come out with the idea that takes into consideration the cathodes as well as anodes of both.
Pace of Printing
Inkjet printer is a real slow chap when it comes of the number of items printed in a given time frame. Laser Printer takes a clear lead in this aspect as its printing speed is far more superior to the former.
Laser printer is known for printing quite decent quality pictures and images, but when it comes to inkjet printers, you get long lasting and totally remarkable picture quality. This is the reason behind professional photographers and picture makers favor the inkjet printer over the laser printer.
While the quality of printing is not all bad in inkjet printers, but the desired level of clarity and crispness required for text printing is missing here. Laser printer takes a clear lead over its competitor as the text documents are printed with better quality as well as remarkable pace.
While the pricing of the inkjet printers is quite lower than the laser printer, the lifetime cost is pretty much higher. This is so as the cost of handling of the former is higher because of the increased cost incurred per page printed. As the number of toner replacements is higher in the inkjet printer for the same number of prints using a laser printer; which could be around 10 times; the lifetime cost is pretty obvious to take a hike.
Inkjet printers take up small space in the workspace and thus are favored for limited area offices and houses. Because of multiple color toners and drums, the size of a laser printer unit is considerably larger than inkjet versions.
Inkjet printers are more or less meant for heavy duty usage and require less maintenance, while the laser printers are required to maintained regularly to ensure that the keep on delivering the best of services to the user.
This debate for the choice between inkjet and laser printer is just like any other debate that compares an upcoming technology with an already established and yet relevant technology. There is no definite winner or loser in these debates as both have their applicability and advantages; same is the case here as well.
The inkjet printers are good when the user has to make sure that the quality of pictures is pretty good and the speed is not really a variable. Laser printers take the cake when the volume bulk of printing is large, and the economy has to be considered. Both the printers can be used interchangeably, but it’s the user who has to decide the most important variable for choosing the correct option. Once the variable is decided, making a choice becomes far easier on the basis of the available data about both the options.
Advantages Of Laser Printer
While the comparison between inkjet and laser printers yields up quite a clear picture about the competencies of laser printers, but just to make it easier for the buyers to choose, let us discretely follow some of the major advantages of laser printers.
- The greater speed of printing per unit is an obvious and probably the biggest advantages of laser printers. This allows in increasing the overall productivity of the firm as less time is wasted in waiting for a print to come through. It also improves service ratings amongst the clients.
- The clarity of the printing is quite better. Even the most detailed portions of the article are properly seamed and thus there is minimal or no distortion whatsoever in the desired and received prints.
- The laser printers are pretty much energy efficient. This adds to the economical stature of this type as the money that would have been otherwise spent on paying the electricity bills is saved and can be used in other productivity-enhancing Also, it is a wise virtue to go along and save energy to ensure that everyone has access to it.
- The laser printers are relatively easier and less messy in usage. The toner cartridges can be easily replaced without causing too much ink spillage or dirty hands. It is, therefore, a definite favorable for the office spaces that have limited space and can’t afford to establish separate printing spaces just in order to avoid the mess.
- The frequency of toner change is pretty less in the case of the laser printers. This while, on one hand, improves the longevity of the hardware, also reduces the overall cost that is incurred in the printing over the time.
- There are variants in the market that offer multiple functionaries in addition of printing, like fax, scanning, This is an added advantage for those who while require all this stuff but don’t wish that extensive web of wires around their workspace.
Looking at these advantages, there is pretty minimal possibility that the buyer would not choose a laser printer over other variants.
How to choose the better laser printer out of the extensive lot?
Once the user has decided in favor of new technology and wishes to buy a laser printer, there is a fresh set of issues that come up. These issues include choosing the most appropriate option out of the available options in the market. This is a hectic task as every laser printer seems the same on the first view and the difference arises only after careful screening of its application capabilities.
Some of the most important application and technicality based variables are listed below for the consideration of the buyer.
Type of document printed
It is important to note that several laser printers are meant discretely for high-end picture printing while most are meant for crisp text printing. It is important for the buyer to understand their exact requirement before hoping on the shopping wagon. Choosing even the best printer for wrong competencies would result in disappointment for the buyer in future. This would mean wastage of investment as well.
Monochrome or colored
The buyer shall make a careful note of the most prominent usage of the printer in the workspace. If the printer is required just for text printing, then it is advisable to buy a monochrome capability printer and not waste money on the largely expensive color printer options.
Measured in dots per inch, resolution of printing has got a lot to do with the quality of printing done by the printer. It is worth notifying that the resolution of grayscale or monochrome printers is usually 600 by 600 or 1200 by 1200. This resolution goes up to 2400 by 2400 in the case of the colored laser printers. It is usually advisable to go for a higher resolution of the printer if graphics printing is the main motive otherwise lower resolution versions work fine.
Laser printers generally take the document to be printed in their memory and then print them. Therefore it is important for the printer to have better memory if it hopes to print the documents at a higher pace and with a better This is one of the most important technical variables in printer selection. There are also variants that offer memory upgradation options in future; these are to be preferred by the clients with expanding printing requirements.
Availability of service
It has been observed that several hardware companies do not provide customer support service in certain locations. Therefore it is important for the buyer to look out for the available service options before completing the purchase to ensure that there are minimal hassles after the purchase has been finalized.
Service policy of the company
Being a gadget, the printers too are prone to be damaged or might have issues with working. Therefore it is always advisable for the clients to ensure that the company that these devices come from offering favorable service policy in case of any mishap. This small precaution would help the clients largely in getting rid of the cumbersome after sales service issues.
The one-time price of the printer shall never be a variable. Before buying any printer, the buyer shall enquire readily about the type of toner cartridges used in it and the prices of the same. The usual frequency for changing those toners also has to be given importance. After attaining these records, the buyer needs to tentatively calculate the lifetime cost incurred on the device. After comparing the options on this ground, the final selection shall be made.
Taking a close look at these variables would help the client to make an informed selection about the printer to be bought. The high numbers of options are effectively filtered out as one goes systematically through these specifications and the final filtered list would eventually contain the most suitable options from the buyer’s perspective.
With a lot of printers available in the market offering similar features, only a few stand out making a significant mark. Brother HL-L2300D Monochrome Laser Printer with Duplex Printing works well for commercial and personal use. High speed and automatic duplex printing give this one an edge.