- 1 Top 6 Best Weight Vest Reviews 2018
- 2 Review of 6 Best Weight Vest Reviews Under 50, 100 And 200 Dollars
- 2.1 #1. Cross 101 Adjustable Weighted Vest
- 2.2 #2. ZFOsports 40 Pounds Adjustable Weighted Vest
- 2.3 #3. MIR 50LBS Short Adjustable Weighted Vest
- 2.4 #4. SKLZ Weighted Vest
- 2.5 #5. Perfect Fitness Weight Vest, 20 Lbs, Grey
- 2.6 #6. Tone Fitness Weighted Vest
- 2.7 Weight Vest Buying Guide
- 2.8 Key Benefits of Weighted Vests
- 2.9 What to Consider Before Buying?
- 2.10 Final Words
Top 6 Best Weight Vest Reviews 2018
A weighted vest, also referred to as weightlifting vest is basically made from heavy-duty materials and added with small pockets, which are filled with small steel bars, tiny sand bags, and other objects. The common purpose of this gear is to add weight during body-weight exercises, or during running, walking and other agility drills.
With regards to the performance, you should pick the best weighted vest, allowing you to optimize your physical routines. Researchers have shown that this fitness gear helps the lower body muscles in generating more force in opposition to the ground, which eventually results in the improvement of power, acceleration, and strength during physical activities. With that said, below are the top rated weighted vest. The market has to offer, giving you only the most reliable and accurate weighted vest reviews.
Weight Vest Buying Guide
1. Fixed Versus Removable Weight
A wighted vest can be categorized under a fixed or a removable weight vest. A variety with a fixed weight simply has a weight, which cannot be changed as the weights could be sewn to the vest’s material directly. This type of vest is perfect during rigorous exercises, including motions that require multiple directions.
With the fixed variety, the weight will not shift to different directions. On the other hand, vest with removable weights are also preferred by many gym goers and fitness enthusiasts, basically due to the flexibility it offers. The weighted vest weights usually range between 10 pounds and 60 pounds that work better during basic exercises and running drills.
2. Male Versus Female Weight Vests
The market also offers weighted vest and shorts for men and women. Keep in mind that vests for men are likely to have heavier weight. Some vests are adjustable to a certain degree, preventing the weights to shift. These fitness gears are designed for muscle toning and building. Meanwhile, the best weighted vests for women are lighter, and are mostly the fixed varieties. The majority of women’s vests has ‘V’ shape with closer waist-fitting.
Note: A slim or heavy weight vest is likewise categorized, according to its body coverage. There are weight vests that serve as belts, putting it around the waist, while others are attached to the upper chest. There are also vests that cover the whole, upper torso. Vest shapes also vary, depending on the needed workout or body area to workout.
Key Benefits of Weighted Vests
What is the best weighted vest? The best vest is one which offers a lot of health and fitness benefits, both for men and women. There is a weighted belt for running, Crossfit, cardio training, and many other purposes. Hence, this fitness gear is designed and geared towards the improvement of one’s overall health and strength.
- Resistance Enhancement – Among the key benefits of wearing a training weighted vest are to enhance the resistance of the user. Resistance training means to build muscle, while the gear provides the perfect amount of resistance to the body weight. With the varied weight, the intensity during core training varies as well.
- Boost Intensity – Training with a weight vest will surely improve the intensity in different training approaches, accelerating the intensity of workouts for different muscle groups. A vest that fits onto the whole torso might have weights focusing on your upper torso, thus, strengthening the abdominals, while building core muscles.
- Better Strength and Endurance – The fitness gear can also increase power, strength and endurance. Carrying additional weight during workouts requires a great amount of strength and energy. This allows the muscles to adjust to the increased weight, resulting in an increased strength. Once the added weight is eliminated, endurance is similarly improved.
- Build Muscle and Improve Bone Density – Bone density and muscle building are the main focus of weight-bearing exercises. Once muscles are developed and strengthened, the bones tend to become stronger and denser, supporting the entire musculoskeletal system. On that note, a 40 pound vest, for instance, can be very helpful in achieving such goals. The whole approach is useful to seniors and women who are going through their menopausal stages as well as for those suffering from osteoporosis.
- Weight Loss – In fact, weight loss is the second main benefit of a training vest weight, increasing the weight loss rate as it speeds up the calorie-burning effects of workouts. Extra pounds, such as a 40 pound weight vest tend to add resistance, while increasing the intensity in the weight-bearing workout and force the body to work hard that result in the burning of more calories than the usual. This is mostly advantageous with cardio-related workouts, walking and running.
- Proper Posture Promotion – The use of a slim weight vest or any other variety also promotes the proper posture and an improved balance. Overall, enhanced body mechanics can lessen the possibilities of some sport-related injuries. This fitness gear also supports the back muscles during physical activities.
- Specialized Effects – The best weight vest for Crossfit does not only help during the Crossfit program. In fact, this fitness gear offers specialized results among children with autism, sensory integration disorder, and ADHD, and other illnesses that involve the lack of concentration or the ability to focus. Dogs likewise benefit from this gear, offering a calming effect for them to become more submissive and more manageable at the same time.
What to Consider Before Buying?
Aside from learning about the limitless benefits of the perfect fitness weight vest, there are more to learn, before making any purchase. Below are some of the key factors to consider prior to buying and strapping such vest onto your body.
- Identify Your Fitness Level – Identifying your fitness level is a top priority, before buying one of these gears. If you’re a beginner, for instance, it is sensible to opt for a 10 pound weight vest and then gradually add weight over time. It is also important to determine if you’re struggling from any movements and your workout schedule as well. Generally, it is strongly advised to boost your overall fitness level, prior to the addition of extra resistance.
- Identify Your Workout of the Day (WOD) – Workouts vary from one day to the other. Hence, it is important to identify if you will need to utilize a weight vest adjustable, fixed, or otherwise. Keep in mind that not all WODs require an extra resistance. After all, there are exercises that focus on body positions and techniques that wearing such vest is useless. On the other hand, workouts that require extra resistance will certainly need you to wear an additional 60 pound weight vest, for instance, helping you to become faster and fitter, in spite the added weight.
- Determine the Weight – Furthermore, determining the required weight for your workout is likewise important. Perhaps, five pounds would do well, based on your WOD, making a big difference and adding enough resistance already. Those who are not used to such gears should read about a weighted vest review or consult a fitness trainer for professional advice. By doing so, injuries will be prevented.
Over and above, 50 lbs weight vest or 60 lbs weight vest, and any other variety of weighted vests can make simple workouts challenging. But, choosing the right vest is similarly essential to achieve your fitness goals. Keep in mind that this gear offers boundless health and fitness benefits, unlike simple exercises without it.
It is also crucial to bear in mind the proper use of weight vests in order to maximize the potential advantages it offers. The overuse of such gear should be prevented, allowing a longer life span of this fitness gear. Also, consulting the professional advice of fitness experts is essential throughout your journey to becoming fit or losing weight.
On top of everything, it is highly important to rely on trusted brands and the top rated weighted vest to maximize the potentials and benefits of using a weight vest. Consider buying a box weight vest if you’re into boxing, or a weight vest CrossFit for such specific fitness programs. Remember the most reliable brands of weight vests, ranging from ZFO to MIR weight vest, and the above mentioned weight vests reviews.