- 1 Top 5 Best Wideband Gauge Reviews 2018
- 2 Review of 5 Best Wideband Gauge Under 200, 300 And 500 Dollars
- 3 Conclusion
Top 5 Best Wideband Gauge Reviews 2018
Wideband gauge sensor is also known as the wideband O2 sensor that measures the ratio of oxygen to fuel vapor within the exhaust exiting the engine. The ratio is expressed as parts of oxygen to fuel. You need to know that there are 15 parts of oxygen to every single part of fuel. This is why the ratio is expressed as 15:1. Due to the presence of aem wideband gauge sensor, it becomes easier to measure the air to fuel ratio in an easier way in a broad range.
There are stock oxygen sensors as well, but the ranges of those sensors are small. In this article, we are going to discuss the top 5 best wideband gauge sensors. For the experienced users, it might not be difficult to understand the usage of aem wideband gauge sensors, but for the beginners, we are going to state the importance and advantages of wideband gauge sensors.
Top 5 Best Wideband Gauge Reviews 2018
Well, first of all, free air calibration is very much important for the proper oxygen sensor function and to maintain the accuracy. This is the most important feature of the aem wideband gauge sensor. These sensors last for a really long time. Even though the wideband gauge sensors are bombarded with a lot of external particles like fuel, carbon, and soot. This is why the aem wideband gauge sensors come with a proper ECU tune that reduces the effects of wear and tear. Even though the wear and tear of the wideband gauge sensors cannot be eliminated completely, but the process is long and slow and this is why aem wideband gauge lasts for a really long time.
Why are the wideband gauge sensors so accurate? The reason is wideband gauge O2 gauge makes use of a much larger range of voltage and this is what determines the air-fuel ratio. A wideband gauge sensor is going to use 0.5V which is what allows the room for much more accuracy. It has been stated by a lot of observers that the wideband sensors are accurate to 0.15 of a point when it is new.
But with time and usage, the number increases to 0.29. It is true that the accuracy and precision of aem wideband gauge deteriorate with time, but every instrument degrades with time. But the point is, when you buy a wideband gauge sensor, you get precision for a really long period of time. But this doesn’t happen with the narrowband gauge sensor.
How to get the maximum from wideband sensors
To get the maximum out of your wideband gauge sensor, you have to do the following things.
- The positioning of aem x series wideband is very important. The O2 sensor needs to be placed 24 inches downstream from the cylinder head exhaust ports. This will make sure that the O2 sensors will take the measurements after the exhaust gas has reached into a collector. If there are turbocharged applications in the aem x series wideband, the sensor needs to be placed at 24 inches downstream of the turbo. If the sensor is placed too close to the high exhaust, then there are chances that aem x series wideband will be exposed to an extremely high gas temperature and overcooling at the same time from the overcooling high-velocity exhaust gas that flows over the sensor.
- You need to remember that the most common culprit in damaging the wideband sensors are air/fuel mixtures, bad sensor positioning, leaded fuel, high oil consumption, high zinc race motor oil, high air temperature and high zinc race motor oil. According to the glowshift gauge review, in case of catastrophic engine failure, chances are a volatile mix of oil, fuel, coolant, and shrapnel will shoot through the exhaust system and the lifespan of the wideband sensor will decline.
- As mentioned in the glowshift gauge review, for high-performance street and race applications it is absolutely not possible to isolate the wideband gauge sensors from different elements that will deteriorate the condition of the wideband sensors. A lot of high-compression and high-boost engines need leaded race fuel and the exhaust gas temperatures are the requirement for turbocharged, diesel and rotary engines. It is stated in the glowshift gauge review, you have to use the high-zinc motor oils that are important for the valvetrain durability for the high-performance pushrod applications.
- Along with that, if you can maintain a healthy engine using the air-fuel ratio gauge kit, a good ring seal, and a proper tune, then it is just the best way to enhance the performance and durability of the engine. The air fuel ratio gauge kit will also enhance the longevity of the sensors as well.
What to check out while buying the wideband gauge sensor?
When you are buying the wideband gauge sensor, apart from the air fuel ratio gauge kit, it is also important to keep the following factors in check.
For the air fuel ratio meter, accuracy should be of utmost importance. If there is an inaccurate reading of the wideband sensor, then there will be faulty fuel adjustments. This will result in a loss of power that will cause even more engine damage. The endings can simply become useless.
When considering the air fuel ratio meter, you have to consider the speed of the wideband gauge. The wideband gauge needs to be responsive to the changes of the air-fuel ratio so that there can be perfect changes in the engine rpm and the load as well. If there is no accuracy within the wideband gauge sensor then air fuel ratio meter will simply become useless.
Finally, the wideband gauge sensor needs to be easy to install and a gauge for cars should be compatible as well. If it is tough to install, it will come with a burden of installation charges as well. This is why the wideband oxygen sensor, also known as a gauge for cars, should be easily compatible with your tuning software and hardware.
There is a common dilemma among users whether they should opt for the narrowband or the wideband gauge sensors. Now, let us clear the dilemma for you regarding the gauge for cars. For all the calibration purposes, diagnostic purposes, performance work and data logging, it is important to opt for a wideband O2 sensor. On the other hand, when considering gauges for car, for all emission-related purposes that are used in catalytic converters, you should use a narrowband O2 sensor. That being said let us get into the details of the top 5 best wideband gauge sensors available in the market.
Review of 5 Best Wideband Gauge Under 200, 300 And 500 Dollars
#1. AEM (30-4110) UEGO Wideband Sensor
This one is the first in our list of the top 5 best wideband gauge sensors or gauges for car. This one comes with interchangeable black and white faceplates that include customized gauge appearance. This is a Bosch 4.9 LSU wideband sensor that has got weld-in bung included with PN 30-4110. This one doesn’t need air free sensor calibration.
One of the best features of these gauges for car wideband sensor is there is a 2-1/16 inch gauge housing that ensures it is going to fit in almost all the gauge pods that can be remotely mounted virtually anywhere. This one has got interchangeable black and silver bezels along with the 0-5V analog output of 10-20 AFR range. This innovate motorsports one comes with a digital LED display and also a sweeping LED needle that changes its colors as and when the AFR changes from rich to lean. This one can be remotely mounted anywhere.
The Bosch UEGO sensor offers the controller with speed and accuracy. This innovate motorsports has got a faster light-off time and draws lesser amount of current. But the thing is, these sensors are not interchangeable between different gauge controllers. This one takes care of the air fuel ratio and offers enough time to shut down the engine before any damage occurs.
- This innovate wideband ensures speed and accuracy.
- This one takes care of the air fuel ratio and offers enough space and time to shut down the engine before damage.
- It comes with digital LED and a sweeping LED needle.
- The sensors of this innovate wideband are not interchangeable between the two gauge controllers.
#2. Innovate Motorsports MTX-L Wideband Gauge
This one comes with patented digital wideband sensor control. It has got 100% digital wideband air/fuel ratio technology. These innovation gauges one has got a 52mm diameter gauge body along with a digital display in AFR or Lambda. It comes with Bosch LSU4.9 Wideband O2 sensor that is compatible with all forms of fuel starting from leaded, unleaded fuel, diesel, methanol, E85 and more. This one has got the ability to calibrate O2 sensor for increasing the accuracy.
One of the most important features of this wideband gauge is it comes with simplicity and leading edge technology. This wideband gauge is very easy to operate. This one has got DirectDigital signal processing technology that offers data on how exactly the engine is running. The self-calibrating circuitry of these innovation gauges compensates for the changes in temperature, altitude and sensor condition as well.
- This one has got 100% digital wideband technology.
- It provides the exact data on how the engine is running.
- This one is ideal for dynamometers, data acquisition systems, standalone ECU’s and also gauges.
- Some of the users found errors with E8 galore of these innovative wideband.
#3. APSX D2 Digital Wideband O2 Air Fuel Ratio Gauge
This innovative wideband comes with an APSX Wideband D2 AFR controller gauge that comes with a clear LED readout and also a sweeping color-coded LED display. This D2 gauge is perfect for all the vehicles that include carbureted applications along with the dynamometers. There is an analog output of 0-5V that can be used for data loggers or the aftermarket ECUs that include the MegaSquirt PNP and others as well.
The digital output is available for real-time monitoring through PC or display. You will get 5 bright LED color options. This wide band o2 sensor comes with a limited warranty of 12 months and the Oxygen sensors are not included in the warranty. It has got a fast response time, a failsafe locked connector, an anti-glare faceplate and multiple outputs for digital programming.
- This wideband gauge is configurable for four types of fuel.
- This wide band o2 sensor has got a fast response time.
- It comes with an anti-glare faceplate.
- It has got a limited warranty of only 12 months.
#4. Innovate Motorsports DB RED Wideband Air/Fuel
This wide band o2 sensor has got a patented Direct Digital Wideband Technology that can calibrate O2 sensor for maximum capacity. It comes with two configurable linear outputs. There is also a complete kit with weld or bung, programmable cable sensor cable, and manual. The Innovate Motorsports wideband air fuel gauges come with DB RED gauges that are 52mm in air/fuel gauge. Each gauge comes with a bright LED.
There is a kit that includes the gauge, an LC -1 wideband controller, an oxygen cylinder, a bung plug and also the award-winning LogWorks engine-tuning software. The presences of this software in these wideband air fuel gauges make this device much more beneficial and accurate. The device offers optimal measurements of the air fuel ratio that will tell the exact placement of the engine before any damage can happen to it.
- The device is easy to install, connecting to PC and getting into the data logging as well.
- The device offers accuracy and precision.
- This wideband gauge one has got LogWorks engine-tuning software.
- There are long tube open headers that are installed as far back as possible.
#5. Innovate Motorsports 3918 MTX Series
This wideband gauge one comes with a faster sensor frequency that offers faster O2 sensor feedback. This one comes with faster analog speeds that help in ensuring that ECU will read the changes as they are happening. This autometer wideband one comes with an enhanced heater control that offers superior sensor control for forced induction and other high-performance applications as well. There is also a Bosch LSU 4.9 wideband O2 sensor that has got a 52mm diameter gauge body that comes with interchangeable faceplates and bezels.
The presence of MTX-L Plus wideband gauge has got Direct Digital technology along with advanced sensor control that is capable of getting feedback from the sensor much more frequently and optimizes the heater control. The combinations of all these technologies in this autometer wideband make the MTX-L plus as the fastest and much more durable and accurate air/fuel ratio gear ever.
- This autometer wideband one is very much accurate and durable.
- It is easy to install and easy to use as well.
- This wideband gauge gets feedback much more frequently and optimizes the heater control.
- People are not really satisfied with the warranty of the product.
In this blog, we have brought you the top 5 best wideband gauge sensors along with wideband o2 sensor kit that is available in the market. Since there are certain things to check out while choosing a wideband gauge, this article is going to help you in your research.
Before buying a wideband gauge, it is important to ensure the accuracy, speed, and ease of installation as we have already mentioned. The response time should also be considered for changing the air/fuel ratio. All these factors are going to determine the quality and performance of a certain wideband gauge along with wideband o2 sensor kit. These wideband gauges might seem to be a bit expensive apparently.
But when it comes to buying wideband gauges, it is always better to opt for quality rather than choosing low-quality materials at a cheaper price. Of course, there are cheaper options available in the market as well. But some of them are not really tested and quality assured. These wideband gauges along with wideband o2 sensor kit mentioned above are tested and quality assured by the brands. This is what makes the gauges trustworthy.
You will also get manufacturer’s warranty for a limited period of time. Make proper market research, take your time and come to an informed conclusion. That is how you are going to get the best wideband gauge. We hope that this article helps you in buying the best wideband gauges. All the best!