In the market, the rising use of paint sprayers to help give a complete face lift to the different areas where humans dwell and use has risen. The reduced time span of painting and the overly reduced cost of manpower have been some of the reasons why opting for the paint sprayer use has been one of the most talked about.
The greatest challenge however has been in the area of selecting which paint sprayer to buy. Because of the rising use, most manufacturers are falling head over heels trying to give the users that alternative they seek.
- 1 Why us?
- 2 Important tips on paint sprayer use
- 3 How to paint
- 4 Paint sprayer reviews
- 5 Try the paint zoom paint sprayers
- 6 Paint sprayer frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- 6.1 1) Which type of paint sprayer is the most suitable?
- 6.2 2) What are the types of paint sprayers in the market?
- 6.3 3) Are airless paint sprayers good for interior painting?
- 6.4 4) What is the importance of looking at wind direction while painting using paint sprayers?
- 6.5 5) What is the main reason why paint sprayers have replaced the traditional brush and roller?
- 6.6 6) What do I do with the paint before pouring it on the sprayer?
- 6.7 7) How does the compressor paint sprayers work?
- 6.8 8) What are the high volume low pressure paint sprayers (HVLP)?
- 6.9 9) What makes the airless paint sprayers rather popular?
- 6.10 10) Which paint sprayer would be ideal for painting the ceiling and under the staircase?
There are certain distinct areas which most of the top rated paint sprayers have been associated with. However, this alone has been seen to be the main point of contention, choosing which one among the numerous paint sprayers has even defeated the professional painters.
These areas have come out to differ and that informs the reason as to why the different sites talking about how to buy paint sprayers have diverse opinions. Ours however seeks to have a unified point of view when handling the whole area of paint sprayers.
We therefore have compiled a guide which is hoped to lead you to having the buying process of your paint sprayer to be like a child’s play.
Some of the areas to take care of include:
- Knowing the type of paint sprayer – many are the times when paint sprayer users are oblivious of the fact that the paint sprayers are of different types. The differences in type, dictate how they work. for instance, when looking at compressor based paint sprayers, you need to have in mind, the eventual result of the job you have at hand. The airless paint sprayers and the high volume low pressure (HVLP) paint sprayers are known t work on the principle of pressure albeit on the different scales depending on the application. It is these distinctions which allow the paint sprayer user to pick the right one for the job.
- Knowing the kind of paint – whether the paint to be applied is thick with the latex based components will make you to look and chose appropriately for the paint sprayer. Airless paint sprayers for instance may be ideal for thicker paints including latex. On the contrary, the use of compressed air sprayers and the HVLP paints sprayers may be ideal where the paint is in small droplets and need to come out smooth.
- The job at hand – any painter is in agreement that the job at hand determines which paint sprayer one has to get. For instance, the purchase of the airless or compressor based paint sprayers may be dependent on whether the surface needs a smooth finish or just mere painting. In addition, the consideration of whether the surface is on the exterior or interior is also worth looking at. You may also consider whether there could be need for extra accessories to assist with further painting work like the hosepipes and the use of crevices.
- The features of the paint sprayers – just like the differences in the manufacturer, features of any given paint sprayer differ from the other which then makes them to work differently. Superior features on a paint sprayer may be an additional advantage where the use may be concerned. Looking at the quality aspects, the paint sprayer design to be in conformity to the paint sprayer users ideal requirements therefore becomes an important aspect in the course of buying the paint sprayer.
- The user budget – just like in all buyer decisions, the budget may be the ultimate consideration when buying any given paint sprayer. Considering the amount you have helps you shop within the limited area and makes you not to buy what you may not need.
- Know where to buy – it is important if one took time to check carefully on where to buy the paint sprayer based on the availability of many outlets. Buying from a reliable seller builds the user confidence.
There are several online and brick stores which offer mouth watering discounts which may attract you to them.
This guide is not usually the exclusive area where the information on these devices may be gotten. The first basic step in the life of any painter is to just keep a close eye on the user guide, an area which intends to unravel the puzzle which is the paint sprayer use. Pitching for which paint sprayer suits any use may be hard, so just shop wisely.
Important tips on paint sprayer use
There are many instances when painters are mixed up on the manner in which they are supposed to use the paint sprayers. This is because of the fact that the operations of most of the paint sprayers can be quite challenging.
The most common are to find on paint sprayers have been on the buyers guide with the ssumption that most people would follow what is contained in the user manual to the latter. This has not been the case in most of the scenarios.
However, many people have lately been trying to give diverse tips on how to go about using the different paint sprayers we have in the market. That is what we also trying to do but ours come with a different taste.
There are key points which any paint sprayer user needs to have in mind while getting down to the process. Some of these are enumerated in great detail in our resource while others require the user to just follow the requirements of the user manuals.
Some of the areas you will need to consider may be:
The size of the area to be painted – the greatest influence which has been seen with size has been monumental. Size determines the type of paint sprayer and the accompanying accessories which may need to be added.
The surface to be painted – the desired finish is what we call the surface. Many are the times when painters get down to painting without giving die consideration to the aspect of surface.
There are paint sprayers which would suit the interiors, especially the ones which do not have a lot of overspray. Exterior surfaces may need a relatively good sprayer but not to the precision of the ones used on the interiors.
The prevailing weather– the painter has this obligation to ensure that the weather at the time of painting is conducive. This is even more so when the surface to be sprayed upon is to the exterior. The wind for instance may carry away the thin paint films and as a result spread the paint to the surfaces where it may not be desired.
The available paint – in several instances, the available paint may not be the one which gives that quick finish which may be the desire f moist painters. It may call for several modifications to the paint including a lot of mixing and dilution of the said paint to suit the texture and finish.
The skill level – painting requires a lot of professional skills. However, the use of paint sprayers has given a breather to most people where the painting doesn’t need the one using the sprayer to be professional.
Novices may need to have more pronounced paint sprayers whose use may be easy yet ending up giving cool finishes. The professionals however know how to maneuver their way out of the whole thing to the delight of the client.
How to paint
- Prepare -preparation is important in the process of paint sprayer use. The first step is usually to ensure that the surface t be painted is cleaned; sand papered and lefty to dry. The collection of the paint sprayer to be used and the paint needs to be known. In addition, painting with paint sprayers require the use of protective clothing which needs to be worn at this stage to avoid contact with the paint.
- Covering – covering off the areas where the paint is not to reach is also important. This is usually done using masking tapes to avoid painting such areas.
- Thinning and mixing of the paint – this requires keen attention if the painter to achieve the desired goals. Some paints are thick and may not be appropriately applied in their original state. Mixing is only important if the color desired is not meant to be primary and may need the infusion of other colors.
- Filling the paint sprayer can and painting – when all the initial preparations are complete, what remains is the painter to get down to the business of the day by pressing the paint sprayer switch and directing the nozzle to the surface. Care should be taken on how the painter stands to avoid standing on the direction of the wind.
Any painting job may take one or more coats depending on the desired outcome. There is no fixed amount of coats. The several instructions which are contained on the paint manual and the paint sprayer buyer guides and user guides are important if one is to succeed in this area.
Paint sprayer reviews
One person asked me once when my painting guru and I were on one of the numerous errands I make to the local brick store on how to get to realize the most suitable paint sprayer. That question drew a lot of interest on me as I had been asked initially by another person.
However, because I was in the company of one of the expert who is versed with the use of paints and paint sprayers, I took my time in opening my mouth. I soon realized that at times, keeping quiet is the best show if wisdom.
“Reading the paint sprayer reviews” was the brief answer the fellow got from the expert without having even put up any effort into considering it. I realized how I would have been wrong! Though I have had the chance of looking at these reviews, I had never taken them as seriously as I would take them from that day.
Like in all items, reviews are meant to give an independent appraisal of any product and are usually given by the product users on whose influence the product has been. In spite of most of us taking that old ride to impulse buying, paint sprayers may not need you to go that route, it may need careful study.
Because of the in-depth nature of most of the paint sprayer reviews, many find them as a rather resourceful point. They cover any of the areas of the sprayer which the paint sprayer user may have overlooked in the long run, if he just went for the purchase.
Each of the numerous paint sprayers in the market is independently reviewed. Any meaningful buyer would just need to visit the online market to grasp the manner and scope of the reviews. However, the brick and motor stores usually work on the principle of the word of mouth, which may also bear fruits.
Why the paint sprayer reviews?
Not all paint sprayers are the same both in the manner of operation as well as the scope at which the work to be done is to be delivered. Reading the reviews would then make the user have some of the following advantages;
Concrete information – the positive and negative areas which most of the reviews cover would not make the buyer lack for information. Because it is the former users, you are better off reading them.
A clear picture of what to expect – as we know, you cannot plant oranges and expect mangoes. Negative reviews which are consistent on any of the paint sprayers only point out to one thing, poor quality.
An idea of the price – the comparative nature of most of the paint sprayer information including the reviews can also save the intending user a lot of cash. You are bound to have an idea of where to get the best discounts as well.
Makes buying paint sprayers easy – going around the diverse shops looking for which paint sprayer t buy is a hell of a task. Reviews of this nature make the life of the one buying quite easy. In addition to this, it saves on the time which would be best used working on the painting project.
Soliciting for the services of experts as I did, are in fact unnecessary if only one took time to read reviews, as I later on learnt which has saved me from paying for the professional fees each time I called on the paint experts.
When the cat is let out of the bag, rats are in trouble. The secret was let out by the guru himself and I picked it up with gusto. Yours is a stroke of luck because you have it before incurring expenses as I did. I’m glad it has worked for me all along, read the paint sprayer reviews!
Try the paint zoom paint sprayers
The adage that new wine requires new skins could not be made better if this new crop of paint sprayers were to be taken for granted. The mere fact that the painting niche is taking a lot of facelifts requires even the infusion of new equipments.
The thought of your compressor based paint sprayer having you make a good account of what you have been doing after the job alone is a dreadful fact, many were the times that painters would wish to take their leave without thinking of the eventual process of cleanups.
The other airless paint sprayers on the other hand have always amazed its buyers for its high level of efficiency yet the price is a cut throat affair in most cases. The paint zoon is designed to give the user these and much more.
But in contrast to most of the inconveniencing paint sprayers whose mere size had been seen to discourage the act of painting, this paint sprayer had been found to come in its own sizeable container which allows for its ease of use.
This in itself has been regarded as the best that ever happened in painting as the painters are left with the choice of having to determine the amount of paint they may wish to use on any particular job.
The additional simplicity which is made even more pronounced by the ever user friendly dials installed on it are also some of the amazing attributes of the new crop of paint zoom paint sprayers.
In most instances, users love the simplicity of cleaning, the biggest worry of most painters when it comes to the selection an appropriate paint sprayer. The reason for its ease of cleaning is its great design which is only meant to dispense of the paint through a single nozzle.
The above fact usually ensures that the problem of overspray is not encountered while this sprayer is in use. But the best thing which I may not have talked about here is the cost. Compared to the other paint sprayers in the market, getting this will be the best financial decision you ever made this year.
In fact, one of the reviewers had some good word on the price by claiming that you literally get value for money. I can confirm given my user experience that that is a reality to those who have used this great paint sprayer.
What are its potential challenges?
However, just like every cloud has its fair share of silver linings, the paint sprayer has had a splendid but questionable career as well. This one has never missed the eye of its critics with the quality of the painting finish having been one of the areas of debate in the initial reviews when the paint sprayer had not established its foot holds in the market.
Some other areas have also come up to haunt the paint sprayer in equal measure. Take the size for instance which is considered to be convenient yet makes the painter to have the tedious work of just literally having to fill it on and off. This process in itself is found by many people as time wasting and needs to be shunned.
But the best solution to all the problems with the paint sprayer is found in the dilution of the paint to be user to make bit easier to spread. However, because of the current global situation, the market is open for you able perusal.
You may wish to opt for other paint sprayers in the market which may have bigger capacities in as far as the paint container is concerned. However, if yours is just aiming at getting that perfect paint job done, then the paint zoom paint sprayer is your best bet.
How the paint sprayers to differ from the brush and rollers
The brush and rollers were in their own world when it was something to do with painting. Though the work quality would be desirably likeable if you are to look at the several cases of overspray arising from the paint sprayers, what has stood out is that the paint sprayers came with its share of flexible options.
The rigid nature in which the paining technicians would at one point take their clients through are now all in the past as the paint sprayers are known for the wide availability and choice as well. Most people have in fact been wondering what has led to the level of popularity which the paint sprayers enjoy.
It is for the above reason that you are likely to get a paint sprayer which is fit for use by the novices who may at one point or the other wish to paint different areas in their premises. On equal measure, this is the fact that has made the use of the paint sprayers to be regarded as the most ideal.
The additional fact that the paint sprayers are made in different dimension is in itself a special point, knowing only too well that the dimensions’ are the key determinants on how these paint sprayers are bound to work.
The powerful nature of the diverse paint sprayers is also one area where these sprayers are known to offer their users with the options to enjoy unreservedly high quality painting experiences without having to engage a lot of muscle power.
For instance, while the brush and the rollers were manual, these sprayers are served by diverse pneumatic systems which release the paint at intervals. This fact alone is enough to allow for the paint sprayers to allow for the distribution of the paint thickness as may be desired by the painter.
The waste factor is what most of the paint sprayers are made to care for. However, even though some of them are known for their problems with the overspray, the user would be better off than using the brush.
The amount of paint wasted will be minimally in consideration to the time which the paint sprayer will have taken, resulting in the rather easy lifestyle which most paint sprayers offer their users in the market.
You are not going to equally imagine the ease at which the paint sprayer hosepipe reaches the areas of the stairs and the ceiling, which are hitherto hard to access using the painting brushes and rollers. The tone of finish which is also at the power of the sprayer user is also another of the several areas which the sprayers offer its users flexible options.
It is not surprising therefore that most of the paint sprayers are regarded to be items of every occasion unlike in the past where painters were artisans with some strict demeanor, in fact, you would not dare venture into any painting without having to incur huge costs arising from the labor charges, which are not there anymore.
With the influx of paint sprayers, they have literally unraveled that secret which was the strength of most of the artisans of yore. In the current world, both professional painters and novices have a common ground when it comes to the use of the several paint sprayers to give a good account of any job.
Because of the earlier belief that the painting could only be done by the artisans, the surrounding rigidity with most of the painting job professionals was a matter of concern. Painting was meant to be something to be done for fun and aesthetics, which is what paint sprayers have come to bring.
Though they have succeeded in doing that, the artisans have literally remained with some bad aftertaste as the jobs they used to charge hefty amounts for, can now be done even perfectly by the novices, thanks to the different paint sprayers in the market, which offer the desirable flexibility in finances and functions.
Paint sprayer frequently asked questions (FAQs)
1) Which type of paint sprayer is the most suitable?
The suitability of the paint sprayer usually depends on the type of job the painter has at hand and the expected level of finish. Though the airless one is usually the darling of many, choosing the suitable type of paint sprayer among the known ones should also take cognizance of the dimensions of time, velocity and the overall cost considerations.
2) What are the types of paint sprayers in the market?
Paint sprayers have been seen to undergo a lot of metamorphosis. The different operation modules have brought differenced which are worth noting. There are at least 3 types of paint sprayers;
The next is the airless paint sprayers which are mainly based on the pumping of paint at high pressure. These are the best if you are looking to achieve an evenly coated surface.
The high volume low pressure (HVLP) sprayers which exploit the use of air as they spray the paint are known to be moderate in their pressure levels. They are considered clumsy and are bound to give a poor coated surface.
The compressed air sprayers which are known for their use of air released at high velocities in painting. They are shunned in the market for their ability to dirty every surface they come into contact with as there are usually lots of oversprays.
3) Are airless paint sprayers good for interior painting?
Because of the attributed smooth finishes, the airless paint sprayers are the darling to most of the interior painting artisans. They are additionally less messy when it comes to the painting leftover sprays.
4) What is the importance of looking at wind direction while painting using paint sprayers?
Paint sprayers give thin films of the paint poured in them which is likely carried by wind if the wind direction is not given much thought. The paint breathing should also be avoided as well because it can lead to lots of respiratory tract problems. In addition, the direction of wind also keeps the painter safe from the fatal effects of the paint, which is usually at high pressure when leaving the nozzle and run the risk of penetration of the skin, if not cared for.
5) What is the main reason why paint sprayers have replaced the traditional brush and roller?
The brush and rollers were the in thin g in painting for some time back then. The time and the surface which used to be covered by the brush are seen to be 10 times less than what the paint sprayers are offering. The factors of time, less wastages and perfect finishes which the paint sprayers take care of is the major reasons why most people prefer to do the painting with the sprayers as they also convenience the user and their clients.
6) What do I do with the paint before pouring it on the sprayer?
There are diverse paints which would be thick and may not be easy to paint. Such paint needs to be thinned using the appropriate thinning liquid before commencement of use.
7) How does the compressor paint sprayers work?
There are two compressor based paint sprayers in the market- the compressed air and the high volume low pressure sprayers. while the compressed air ones use high velocity air pressure to spread the paint, the HVLP are known to be completely opposite with the release of small droplets at low pressure being their thing.
8) What are the high volume low pressure paint sprayers (HVLP)?
It is a unique technology used in paint sprayers where pressure at its lowest is exploited. These are not the most ideal paint sprayers for any professional work with paint sprayers. For their sluggish nature, they are also not ideal for use with high mass paints.
9) What makes the airless paint sprayers rather popular?
The airless paint sprayers are on the lips of almost every paint sprayer because of that, they are the best seller. Usually, this is attributed to the overall finish with the paint saving techniques being another of the areas.
10) Which paint sprayer would be ideal for painting the ceiling and under the staircase?
Depending on how you handle the paint sprayers, the ideal paint sprayer would be hard to find among the types of paint sprayers. What you only need is to get a professional grade paint sprayers which is fitted with the right accessories like the hose pipe and a crevice for reaching such areas.
However, ikf we are to be precise, the messy nature of the compressed air paint sap[arayers and the slow yet poor paint coats of the HVLP only leaves most yese with nione choiuce, aitrless paoint sprayers.