Helmet for cricket
Cricket is a widely played and popular game throughout the world enjoyed by millions of viewers. As much as it is fun to play this sport, there are major safety risks attached with it. We have seen cricketers wearing helmets to defend their face from unexpected turns or bounces from the ball that may cause an injury.
This is where a cricket helmet comes into picture which cover the entire face and back of the head. Since the game is all about balls and hits, the presence of helmet in this game is inevitable. The game cannot be started unless a player properly shielded with required protective gears to safeguard him from any injury.
Role of a cricket helmet
A cricket helmet is no ordinary helmet and unlike other headgears it is not worn while riding. Its use for safeguarding the player in the sport makes it even more mandatory and vital for protection. The components used for cricket helmet are far more durable and tough than other standard helmets.
It is expected to impart a strength required to endure hard hits from a ball. Apart from being tough and durable, a better fit and comfort to the player is equally important parameter a helmet is expected to meet. An improper fit may end up distracting a player from its game and could lead to major mishap.
Factors To Look For In A Cricket Helmet
Designing and construction
A cricket helmet is very different from other standard helmets and has to play a different role altogether. It is expected to deliver a lot as compared to other regular helmets and hence need to have a well built construction. The foam lining equipped in the helmet also plays a crucial role as it is reduces the external pressure and safeguards the user. Designing of a helmet may differ from one brand to another and hence it is important to select the helmet with right designing after appropriate research.
Fit and comfort
First and foremost qualifying criteria of the helmet is to impart right fit and comfort to the player. A helmet should neither be too loose or too tight in its fit. A loose helmet will cause unwanted movements and will require repeated adjustments. On the contrary a tight helmet will create inconvenience and will distract the player from the game. A helmet should be such that gets accustomed to the shape and size of user’s head allowing him to focus solely on the game.
Price is the most common and major criteria for selection of each and every product available in the market. Even for a cricket helmet, the condition of selection remains the same. Being a ruling factor, price has to consider against the features delivered by the helmet.
If the features exhibited by the helmet are in line with the price charged then the product makes up the right deal. Putting extra money over buying a helmet which has limited to no features will be a complete waste.
Few sorted 10 best cricket helmets to consider for use :
Top 10 Best Cricket Helmets Reviews
#1. Shrey Cricket Helmet With Mild Steel Visor
Featuring unisex helmet with extra durable quality, Shrey presents a helmet built exclusively for the beginner level of players. Shrey has been one of the most popular brand known for building high quality cricket helmets and has existed over years.
The helmet has been constructed to safeguard the face and head of both female and male players without causing any noticeable inconvenience. The product features a full face helmet with a mild steel visor attached to it. There is a steel grid which is shaped in a chin-cup structure and covers the entire jaw of the player. The chin-cup style grid is constructed in a way that imparts extra chin coverage to the player.
The role of the helmet further continues with its reinforced venting system. The vents located on the helmet works beyond an average scale in maintaining the cooling effect and constantly maximizing the air flow within the helmet. Unlike most of the ordinary helmets, the steel visor attached to the helmet does not obstruct the vision of the player.
It is very easy to see through the steel visor as it provides a clear line of sight to the player allowing him to focus solely on the game. Besides safeguarding the face and jawline, the helmet does one heck of a job for defending the ears with its newly designed 3D wire bending technology. The technology uses the grill and the ear pads to cover the ear completely and protecting them from any kind of mishap.
Though the material used for the construction of the helmet is quite strong and powerful, it does not make the helmet bulky and heavy weighed. The helmet is light weighed on nature and does not exhaust the neck or shoulder of the player while playing. Another important trait of the helmet is its impact resistant safety. The impact resistant feature of the helmet protects the head from hit of the leather ball keeping it safe.
- Beginners tend to make mistakes while practicing and may often get hurt. Considering the situation, shrey has developed this helmet that exactly meets the requirements for a beginner level player.
- The venting mechanism of the helmet is pretty different from other regular helmet. Since the helmet is not meant for riders, the vents located inside the helmet impart a cooling effect as long as the user is playing.
- The product has been built with a profuse focus on protection and safety of the player. Since the play involves a lot of hits and bounces from the ball, the helmet comprise of strong steel grid cover around the chin to safeguard the player.
- A helmet that is heavy and bulky might pose a problem to the user while playing however the product is very light weight and creates no such obstacles.
- Sizing of the helmet may cause issues as not many sizing options are available to the user.
- There is no choice of colors or patterns available to the user. Hence a user has to stick with one choice of color that is available.
#2. SS Elite Cricket Helmet
SS is not an unfamiliar brand when it comes to building cricket helmets. It has been known for producing cricket helmets with outstanding features and is popular all over the world.
SS elite is one of the products from their many successful product line. The product features helmet that promises long years of performance without causing any major/minor damage or any sort of wear and tear to the helmet. Demonstrating high quality engineering, the helmet is consists of an outer shell and an inner shell.
The outer shell of the helmet is built of exclusive quality of polypropylene which is impact resistant and can easily withstand sudden high impacts caused during the game. The inner shell is reinforced with molded foam that comes with sponge foam that is shock absorbent and does a magnificent task in supporting the outer shell.
The shell structure of the helmet has an internal lining beneath it which is made up of an absorbent fabric which keeps the inside of the helmet dry and fresh. There is multiple numbers of vents placed inside the helmet that are responsible for constantly imparting direct and maximum flow of air.
It keeps the humidity from the sweat at bay and does not let the player suffocate. Besides above remarkable features, the helmet impresses its users by amazing face grille built with exquisite quality of steel. The grille is tough and powder coated which is pliable in nature. Molded earpiece and chin-strap provides extra support to the ear and impart better positioning to the helmet.
- With sole intention of imparting durability, the developers of SS Elite used polypropylene into the construction of the product. The quality of the component is excellent to an extent of running smoothly for years without any significant damages.
- Though the outer shell construction is tough, the inside of the helmet is crafted with soft and cushiony sponge to deflect any shock and hits from outside preventing the head of the player.
- The product eliminates any possibility of wet and sweaty internals as the inner lining fitted inside the helmet absorbs excess sweat imparting freshness to the user.
- The grille meant to protect the face of the user is made up of strong quality steel durable enough to withstand the hits of the ball safeguarding the user. Being removable, it offers the user a unique facility to detach it from the helmet as and when required.
- The strap attached to the helmet at time gets loose with repeated use and may obstruct the functionality.
The helmet is an absolute stunner and stands apart from other related products owing to its distinctive qualities and features. It has been favored by both professionals and beginner level players and adored to a major extent. Featured as a new cricket helmet of 2016, the product has traits that perform beyond expectations.
Masuri’s helmet comes with a single shell protection system without imparting a lot of weight yet maintaining the strength of the product. The model is way too light weighed in nature as compared to other products as well as its previous variants. Other series of Masuri’s were not as light as the current one. Designing of the helmet is also elegant owing to its design constructed and manufactured in UK.
There is a grille attached to the helmet composed of high quality steel that is responsible for safeguarding the jawline and chin of the player. The strap lined with the helmet also does an equal job in supporting the helmet and securing the position without letting the helmet wobble.
The most unique and impeccable feature of the product is that it is fully compliant with the latest safety standards of British helmet. The compliance to safety standard assures protection and imparts a peace of mind to the player.
- Unlike most of regular cricket helmet, Masuri’s helmet is not equipped with multiple shells which prevent the helmet from being bulky. The product has been engineered with one shell that contains the strength of multiple shells into its own.
- Being composed with a single shell system, the product offers an extraordinary level of comfort to its user.
- The designing of the product is one of the standout aspects owing to its designing in UK.
- Helmet’s capacity of safeguarding a player is further enhanced owing to its certification from high safety regularities from worldwide.
- The helmet is available in one standard color limiting the option of choice amongst the users.
#4. Gray Nicolls Atomic Cricket Helmet
With a promise of high level protection and extreme comfort, Gray Nicoll’s helmet marks a new level of protection bar among other similar products. The product features amazingly charming traditional design which makes the product stand apart from products with one single color composition.
Besides distinctive designing, the engineering of the helmet is made with a profuse focus on strength and hence exclusive quality of ABS polymer is used for its infrastructure. The shell consists of a soft fabric lining fitted beneath the shell which gives an extended support. The grille attached to the helmet is non-adjustable; however it never disappoints its user in terms of strength and protection.
The helmet also has EPS foam lining which is shock resistant and sweat absorbing. The vent mechanism of the helmet is equally remarkable as its construction as it circulates cool air within the helmet and keeps excess heat away. The chin strap attached to the product consists of foam pad which offer great fit and comfort to a player.
Beyond the features listed above, the helmet offers internal size adjustment facility to better customize the position and fit of the user as required. Owing to the cushiony chin pad, the head rests nicely on the helmet without allowing excess movement to the head.
The most fascinating part of the helmet is its certification to UK cricket helmet standards that further strengthen the faith of protection towards the product.
- Helmet has been designed considering the traditional and old time appearance of previous cricket helmets which adds to the persona of the play. The styling is most popular amongst the user.
- Since the product is available in 3 stunning colors, it grants an option of choice of colors which is nowhere available in any other cricket helmet.
- The circulation of the air is at maximum and does not let a user to feel hot and humid thanks to the better venting system.
- Fit and sizing of the helmet is assured preventing any need of excess pressure to fit the helmet.
- The product is slightly higher priced as compared to other similar products of its kind.
#5. Gray Nicolls 5506514 Atomic Cricket Helmet
Gray nicolls has always been a champion in producing helmets with most exceptional and extraordinary features. It has number of product lines which have successfully manage to gather user’s appreciation thankfully to its durability and strength. One such product of gray nicoll’s is its model with number 5506514 that is equipped with all the required traits and is a perfect blend of protection and styling.
Unlike other cricket helmets, the product is available in 4 different colors for the user to choose from. The designing of the product is simple yet imparts a sober look to its exterior. The infrastructure of the helmet is built with exclusive quality material and does not disappoint its user in terms of durability. The helmet operates perfectly for long years without any severe damage to the shell.
The tough and sturdy construction of the helmet often misleads its users in believing the product to be heavy and bulky. However, with a mere weight of 1.5 pounds, the helmet comes as a pleasant surprise to its user. It is very easy to carry the helmet due to tis light weight properties.
The helmet does not cause any kind of exhaustion to the neck and can be worn continuously for hours without any inconvenience. The air channels installed inside the helmet allows free flow of air inside the helmet which is very refreshing for the user.
The product also includes an apex grilled along with a lateral armor that perfectly safeguards the face and jawline from major injuries. The best part of the helmet is its compliance to safety standards from UK cricket helmet.
- Cricket, normally, features a standard uniform code and hence limits the color option in the helmet. This product, on the contrary, offers assortment of colors in its form offering the player options to choose from.
- A helmet is worth nothing if it does not last a couple of years. Considering this fact in mind, gray nicoll’s helmet offers the right level of strength to its helmet making the built strong and powerful.
- Since the product comply to all safety standards applicable worldwide, it is yet another boon to its users.
- Traditional designing feature is not acceptable to most of the user and can be improvised further in the next series of gray nicoll’s product line.
#6. SG T 20i Select Cricket Helmet
SG T20 i cricket helmet features a perfect blend of unique designing and impeccable strength that has swayed the hearts of many users. The craftsmanship of the helmet is astounding with an eye struck designing that provides elegance and style to the product.
The helmet makes a distinction by making users fall in love with its tantalizing appearance. Polypropylene molded shell construction of the helmet makes the product absolutely impact resistant providing optimum strength and sustainability. The product withheld its promise of working smoothly for years without any major defects in the quality of the helmet.
As far as ventilation is concerned, the helmet has given all other products a back seat in this aspect. The innovative air flow designing of the helmet circulates air flow all around the helmet and does not let the player feel humidity inside it.
Fit and comfort of the product is enhanced thankfully to nape adjustor which can be used to customize the fitting as and when desired. There is an integrated steel grid attached to the helmet which is pretty strong and completely adjustable.
The grill provides ultimate protection to the user without making the helmet heavy and bulky. The nylon strap of the helmet facilitates easy release and lock facility to hold the position of the helmet. The inner lining fitted inside the helmet is impact resistant and sweat absorbent.
- Featuring astounding looks and magnetic designing, the helmet manages to grab user’s attention in no time.
- The most highlighting feature of the helmet is its impact resistant functionality. The inner lining equipped inside the shell deflects any sudden shocks or bounces generated from the ball and safeguards the user.
- Comfort level has never been so pliable owing to the adjustment imparted from the nape adjuster of the helmet.
- No noticeable fault or criticism has been noted against the product so far.
#7. ProYouth Cricket Helmet
There have been instances when new players have defeated premium brands by producing products with top-notch quality. One such player is pro youth which has recently emerged as the finest and popular amongst the users. The product features low profile helmet with simple designing yet imparting a suave look to its overall exterior.
The construction of the helmet is made using tough and hard material to ensure that product obtains a long life without any interruption to quality performance. The venting mechanism of the helmet works on a mediocre scale in distributing equal air flow. The air channels of the helmet are located in different positions that keep the dump air out.
The strap tucked with the helmet is made of high quality nylon material with a quick release buckle that allows easy on/off facility to the user. There is a chin strap that supports the positioning of the helmet and is very soft and comfortable. The engineering of the helmet is done to suit the head measurement of 55-56 cm which is pretty decent.
Another impeccable feature of the product is it adjustable face guard. Owing to its adjustable nature, the face guard can be moved as per the comfort and convenience of the user. This superb feature enhances the safety and comfort level of the helmet altogether. Since the product conforms to BSI, BS7928; it is an assurance that the product will safeguard its user as per the safety standards applicable.
- None of the cricket helmets available offer an adjustability as good as proyouth. The face guard of the helmet can be moved in any direction as required by the player and can be removed if necessary.
- The strap attached to the helmet is very well built and does not choke the user in the name of snug fit.
- The helmet not just safeguards the face, it also protects the chin and jawline with an effective and super strong grille cover shielded across the mouth region.
- The venting system of the helmet works on an average scale as compared to other helmets available under same cost.
#8. Hrs Match Adjustable Cricket Steel Visor Helmet Blue Head Protection Equipment
Featuring impeccable designing, HRS cricket helmet marks a style statement for its users with its impeccable color combination and stunning looks. Being a full face helmet, this remarkable product shields the entire face of the player safeguarding all the sensitive areas.
The exterior of the helmet is built with quality driven material that adds years to the life of the helmet. The product has an in line rotation wheel at the back which is pliable in nature which can be rotated and adjusted to fit in accordance with the size of a user. The steel visor attached to the helmet is very strong and powerful. It does one heck of a job in protecting the face from sudden mishaps.
Besides the steel visor, there are foam pasted ear flaps fitted inside the helmet for preventing the ears inside the helmet. The helmet has proved enough about its capacity to safeguard a player during batting or close in fielding. As far as fitting of the helmet is concerned, this absolute stunner is available in 3 different sizes namely small, medium and large to its user.
With vast sizing option available, the fit and comfort is the foremost thing provided by this helmet. Another fascinating feature of this helmet is its extremely light weight properties which allow a user to carry the helmet easily.
- The most strike out feature of the helmet is its rotational spin dial adjuster that is rarely available in cricket helmets. The spin dial allows easy adjustment and fit to the player with a mere rotation of the dial.
- The helmet can be worn for hours as long as the user is playing without any significant exhaustion to the neck as the weight of the helmet is negligible.
- The visor attached to the helmet is made up of pure steel metal that not just safeguards a user but also protects him from direct sunlight.
- Though the helmet offers different sizing options, there is no choice available in terms of colors to a user.
#9. SG Cricket Batting Polypropylene Outer Shell Helmet
SG has been an equal competitor with different brands when it comes to producing best quality cricket helmets. The helmets manufactured by SG are the epitome of quality and high performance which has been witnessed by majority of the users.
The infrastructure of this helmet is most noticing feature as it is built up of polypropylene which makes the product capable of enduring high external impacts. The outer shell of the helmet is undoubtedly strong and powerful. On the other hand, the inner shell of the helmet is fitted with molded foams of extra-large size which are proficient in absorbing shock and supports the shell quite well.
The air circulation within the helmet is operated well thanks to the integrated venting system. There are a total of 6 vents installed inside the helmet that facilitate free flow of the air and act as an exhaust for throwing excess heat and dump air out.
It is very common to sweat during hot summer days and excess sweat leads to uncomfortable fit and unwanted humidity. As a solution to this ache, the helmet accommodates a unique sweat absorbing fabric that not just keeps the inside of the helmet fresh but also prevents anti-bacterial infection inside.
- The strength of the helmet surpasses all other helmets available in the market owing to its construction from access polypropylene.
- The helmet has a remarkable quality of tolerating high impacts that have been a cause of fatal accidents to the player in the past.
- The extra soft foam installed inside the helmet can be easily adjusted for a proper fit. Besides that, the foam makes the helmet shock resistant.
- The product lacks many other features that are equipped in other similar products.
#10. SS Junior Matrix Helmet
SS junior matrix helmet is one of its own kinds and comes with its own set of features that are reckoned by majority of people. The impeccable designing and comfortable fit of the helmet is the most highlighted aspect adored and appreciated by all.
The product is widely known for its usage at both international and professional level owing to its study construction and eye struck appearances. Though this helmet does not provide manifold options in terms of colors and designing, it promises a safety level that is sworn by majority of its users. The helmet offers test level protection with its steel protection grill. The grill attached to the helmet is very strong and powerful and safeguards a user perfectly.
In terms of ventilation, the product offers proper air flow owing to the placement of air channels within the helmet that does not let excess sweat bother a player.
- The worthiness of the helmet speaks for its own as it imparts a protection level best to shield a beginner and exactly the features needed by a professional player.
- The internal lining is composed of fabric which works on an excellent scale by not letting sweat settle inside the helmet causing humidity.
- Professionals have sworn to the safety and protection imparted by the helmet and has been recommending it further to their loved ones for their ultimate safety.
- The product is available in one regular size limiting its scope for fit and sizes to different users.
Cricket is always a treat to both who play and watch the game. However, it is mandatory for a player to safeguard his body against any hits and mishaps during the play. A quality driven helmet is what that is required for prevention. A compromise with the quality may pose a major risk to the life of the player.
The above listed products are best in terms of designing as well as safeguarding the player. One can trust these products blindly and can enjoy the game to the fullest.
You Can Check Too :