Top 10 Best Snow Sports Helmets Or Skiing Helmets
Helmets in sports are most essential to the safety of the player and their role cannot be elaborated enough. Helmet is not a mere device for fashion; it is used to prevent major risks to health of the player. Especially in a sport like snow sport, helmet safeguards the head of the player to a great extent.
Therefore, it is extremely important to use a helmet that is certified for its quality and long duration. Any compromise in the quality of the helmet can cause serious repercussions. A helmet needs to be crafted in a way that not only safeguards the head but also provide a fit as per the user’s convenience.
Things To Consider Before Purchasing A Helmet
A helmet should fit the user perfectly as wearing a helmet that does not fit is equally risky than wearing no helmet at all. Helmets are available in different shapes and sizes depending upon the structure of head. A product that is too small or too large should not at all be bought. A helmet that is too tight may obstruct the blood circulation of the head. On the contrary, a helmet that is too large may not stay in one place and lead to an injury.
Complies to standard
It is always advisable to settle for a helmet that has been thoroughly tested and approved by CPSC. A product that is certified by commission bodies always complies by the standard and is very safe.
This poses no risk to the player or the user who might get injured during an activity. One can determine the efficacy of a product by checking the safety ratings under the specification of the product. Each product that is tested and approved by such commission bodies has a rating to confirm.
Though the product may sound very basic, its importance cannot be undermined. There are plenty of products available in the market in different shapes and forms with different features. A helmet too is priced according to its feature, form and type each established to fulfill a different need. Depending upon the purpose, a helmet may be expensive or may just cost a few dollars.
Listed below are some best top 10 best snow sports helmets or skiing helmets that offer value for money quality to users :
Top 10 Best Snow Sports Helmets Or Skiing Helmets
#1. Smith Optics Unisex Adult Holt Snow Sports Helmet
Possessing remarkable qualities of smith brand, Holt snow sport helmet took the market by storm with its launch. The product has almost everything one can ask for including superb style and jaw dropping features. Smith has ensured the product is crafted in different sizes with variety of colors included each catering to the needs of different users.
The product is pliable enough to be used in any season with the help of its unique customized kit that comes along with the package. The customized kit enables a user to alter the helmet to provide warmth during winters and give a cooling effect in summers.
This high quality device is equipped with dual regulator ventilation which plays a significant part in ventilating the front and back sections of the venting. The unique mechanism drain heat from the rear vent while keeping the front end perfectly sealed. It is common to found fog settling on the goggles of the helmet which causes a great irritation in checking the clear view.
However, smith’s holt snow sport steers you away from such issues owing to its AirEvac system. AirEvac system in the product does a perfect job in generating airflow and removing warmth. It does not let fog causing air block the view by settling on the goggles and keep the head dry and fresh.
Besides above advantages, the product is well tested and verified through multiple commission bodies such as ASTM F 2040, CE EN 1077:2007 class B and CPSC. Furthermore, the product is backed with a lifetime warranty from the manufacturer imparting an eternal peace of mind.
- Available in multiple sizes and color to best suit the fit and size of the user.
- Ultimate styling construction and modern look sways heart away.
- AirEvac system generates maximum air flow keeping warm and foggy air at bay.
- Equipped with dual regulator ventilation that keeps both the front and rear vent that controls the heat and maintain the front view seal.
- Certified and tested by multiple commission bodies makes it really safe to use.
- Powered by a lifetime warranty from the manufacture.
- Product might cause a little exhaustion to ears if wore for long hours.
#2. Giro Seam Snow Helmet
Nothing can beat a snow helmet as good as Giro seam snow. The product has withheld its reputation for being trendy at the same time providing exemplary features. Though, there is a long list of traits it exhibit, it is best to continue with 12 adjustable super-cool vents.
These pliable vents do a miraculous job in maintaining the temperature of the helmet ensuring that it does not get way too hot and uncomfortable for the user during summers. The product is engineered to constantly impart maintain the cooling effect and is built with a powerful polycarbonate shell and a cushioning foam.
As far as the fit is concerned, the unique fit system of the product allows a user to switch between different head and goggles shape with a help of a dial. The adjustable vents work together by draining excess heat from the helmet and soaking fresh cool air from the atmosphere.
The product ensures a fog free view with the help of the stack vent and center vent on the goggles that prevents any fog from blocking the view and keeping the goggle clear.
The helmet could be stopped from reacting in response to the prevailing atmosphere with the press of a button over the vent. With a mere press of the button the auto-functionality of the helmet to respond to different climatic conditions will get a pause and the helmet will work as an ordinary one.
The most amazing trait of this helmet is its compatibility with all after-market tuneups systems however they are not included with the helmet and should be bought separately. The product complies with the standard as per ATM F2040/CE EN1077.
- 12 adjustable vents do a remarkable task in draining the excess heat out and keeping the temperature of the helmet cool.
- Product has a unique fit system to switch between variety of head forms and shape of the goggles.
- Vents ensures fog free view on the goggles by align stack vent with center vent.
- Complies with the ATM F2040/CE EN1077 standards.
- Though the product is compatible with after-market tune-up systems, they are not included with the product and have to be purchased separately.
#3. Smith Optics Adult Aspect MIPS Ski Snowmobile Helmet
The entire purpose of a helmet is to protect the head from injuries and no other product can does that task better than Smith’s aspect helmet. The product has been crafted with the use of exquisite quality of plastic which makes it extremely light weight and strong at the same time.
The classic construction of the product makes it even more appealing and admirable. EPS foam has been fused to the polycarbonate shell which makes it light weight imparting more protection. The vents attached to the helmet can be easily opened and shut hence providing a cooling effect during summer days.
The pliable dial attached to the helmet can be used to lock the best position and fix by turning the dial to the right side. The goggles are pretty adjustable too as they can be easily removed as and when required. Being equipped with AirEvac 2 mechanism, the helmet is always full of ventilation and goggles are fog-free.
The product is constructed with best snapfit SL2 ear pads and has great compatibility with skullcandy audio system-compatible. When it gets warm up during a specific climatic condition, these snapfit SL2 can be easily removed. The above stated features make this product best to be used for skiing and snowboarding. With traits are amazing as these, skiing and snowboarding are sure to attract a fun element.
- AirEvac 2 technology impart ventilation and keep the goggles fog-free.
- Equipped with Snapfit SL2 earpads which can be easily removed and blend easily with skullcandy audio system.
- Flexible dial fix the best position a user require by turning the dial to the right.
- Build with exquisite quality of plastic, the helmet is very light weight and strong at the same time.
- Vents attached to the helmet are flexible enough to close and open while imparting a great cooling effect.
- Skull candy audio system needs to be purchased separately and is not available with the product.
#4. Giro Trig MIPS Snow Helmet
Giro has an endless line of product to flaunt and Giro ledge mipslt men’s snow helmet just another product in line. The shell of the product is constructed to make the shell tough and strong which is impact resistant. Giro’s unique helmet line has multiple brain protection mechanism that defends the head from getting severe directional hits.
Another best trait of the helmet is its auto loc 2 Fit technology which is extremely flexible. Owing to this feature, the helmet can be properly locked into a position that provides a comfortable and secure fit. Also the fit system can be removed if not required by the user as and when required.
The product exhibits every feature one looks for while considering to purchase a helmet. Helmet is crafted with a hard shell that protects the user from injury and is extremely stylish to look at. Its availability in multiple colors makes it one of the most sought after product amongst the youth. Besides its other extraordinary features, the product comes with easily adjustable ear pads and goggle retainer.
The product gains altogether a different form once the ear pads and goggles are removed which is yet another distinctive part of this helmet. The product further enhances its significance as it is compatible with all aftermarket giro audio system through outdoor tech. almost all giro goggles can be used with this helmet. Above features make it best suitable to use while riding on a street or a park.
- Amazing hard shell construction wit stylish design is very appealing.
- MIPS technology protects the user from multiple and severe hits.
- Auot lock 2 fit mechanism ensures a snug and comfortable fit which can be easily removed if desired.
- The product comes with removable ear pads and goggle retainer.
- Vents and stack ventilation of the product keeps the heat at bay providing only fresh and cool air flow.
- The product has a pretty good compatibility with all giro goggles.
- Although the helmet is compatible with giro audio systems, they need to be bought separately as they are included with the product.
#5. Lucky Bum Adult Snow Ski Helmet
Featured by their affordable price rates and overall remarkable protection feature, lucky bums helmet are god sent for those who does not wish to compromise on feature without spending too much over a helmet. People tend to misjudge this product for its simple designing. However, this product has a lot in store enough to surprise its user at a reasonable rate.
Besides being comfortable, the product is extremely durable and promises a long life. The product provides a perfect fit and protection with its two inbuilt layers, a goggle loop and a padded chin strap. Since the helmet is available in multiple size and color, it offers a plethora of choices for a user without getting stuck with one odd color.
The construction of the helmet is such that it poses a great defense for the user. The inner protection layer of the helmet has been designed with the use of exquisite ABS material which is strong and sturdy shielded by the outer protection layer. Apart from the protection layer, the product assured further safety by complying with all the standards of EN1077 and certified by CE.
Excess sweat may tend to cause bacterial infections to the user. Considering that in minds, the product has been equipped with ear pads and fabric lining that is hypoallergenic and also regulates maximum air flow. Lucky bums helmets are great examples of both quality and cost efficiency as they comes with a lifetime warranty of products offering an eternal peace of mind.
- Life time manufactures warranty on the product is the best part of the product.
- Helmet complies to the standards of EN1077 and is CE certified.
- Ear pads and fabric lining are hypoallergenic and prevents any anti-bacterial infections.
- Helmet is extremely affordable as compared to other similar products in the market.
- Two reinforce protection layers are made of strong ABS material making up for a great protection for the user.
- At times, sizing of the helmet comes as great issue to the user as the helmet sits too low on the head for few of the users.
#6. Smith Optics 2019 Allure MIPS Women’s Snowboarding Helmets
Smith optics allure helmet comes with an unparalleled designing and features that are hard to resist. Apart from their extremely light-weight construction, they are super comfortable too. The product is crafted with an ultra- soft tricot lining that imparts a snug and secure fit to the user.
Owing to its in-mold construction that product is ideal for riding in rough snow tracks or uneven mogul-land. The in-mold craftsmanship of the helmet makes it extremely light weight in nature. Build with profound quality of polycarbonate shell with reinforced EPS lining, the product imparts a multi-level of protection and safety assurance.
Super cool nine vents housed by the helmet ensure utmost ventilation and maximum air-flow. The product is no ordinary one as it accommodates AirEvac 2 system which does more than an average job in exhausting warm and dumps air out of the helmet while maintaining the cooling effect.
The fit mechanism of the product is self- customizing as the product is built of flexible elastic and flexes that helps the helmet to accustom as per the natural shape of the head.
- The goggle lock fitted inside the product is removable and hence can be easily adjusted as per user’s requirement.
- The lifestyle fit system of the product is self- adjusting and acquire the natural shape of the user.
- Easily removable ear pads can be separated from the helmet very easily.
- In-mold construction consists of polished PC shell which is lightweight and strong.
- Product consists of 9 vents for maintaining the ventilation of the helmet.
Dis Advantage :
- The fleece lining inside the product is not detachable.
- The product does not comes with integrated headphones.
#7. Smith Optics Camber Adult Ski Snowmobile Helmet
Smith optics camber snowboard helmet have further raised the quality bar to altogether a new level. It has been the foremost choice of the people who seek fashion and trendiness in their product. Though smith has always had a reputation of building products with best than ever features, its camber snowboard helmet has over excelled the parameter of appearance.
The craftsmanship of the product is such that it makes it ultra-light in weight imparting it a surprisingly sleek design. To build up the protection parameter, the product is equipped with 2 remarkable systems that enhance and adds to the charisma of the helmet.
Being accommodated with 20 high quality vents and AirEvac 2 mechanism, the product does a significant task in keeping the dump and warm air away providing only cool breeze. The climate control system of the helmet is even better as it regulates the temperature inside the helmet and helps in keeping the view before the goggles clear and fog free with the help of the external and internal vents.
- The product is ultra – light weight in construction and hence delivers a speedy feather light performance.
- Climate control mechanism regulates the temperature as per the prevailing climatic conditions.
- 20 extraordinary vents imparts best air circulation and keep the cooling effect in control.
- AirEvac 2 ventilation helps in throwing out the excess heat and dump air out of the helmet.
- The product provides a perfect compatibility with skullcandy audio systems which is yet another plus point of owing a smith camber snow helmet.
- Unlike, most of the helmets the adjustable dial can only go past the ears to provide the secure fit and does not rotate 360 degrees.
#8. Smith Optics Maze Helmet
The major highlight of smith optics maze helmet is it’s uncluttered designing and slim-sleek construction. In-mold engineering of the product makes it super light in weight and further extends the promise of safety. The craftsmanship of the product is what makes it durable, long-lasting and extremely comfortable in fit.
It has been proved worldwide that helmets produced by smith are relatively light in weight and construction as compared to any other product available in the market. Besides that, the product offers a comfort and cozy warmth to the user with a snug fit.
The overall finish of the product is matte and not much glossy. Since the product is meant to use during riding, it may get dirty and stained from time to time. However, it can be cleaned very easily by a soft cotton cloth. Though the product does not hold much venting options as smith optic’s other variants, it does a remarkable job in safeguarding the head against any kind of direct-indirect injury while riding.
The Boa fit system again does a significant job in locking the fit for the helmet, however the adjustable flap of the product keeping moving and may cause interruption while riding. The helmet and goggles pose no problem during the fit. Also the goggles fit nicely over the nose without any abrupt movement.
- Ultra- light weight in nature due to its slim and sleek construction marks a significant feature of the product.
- AirEvac 2 technology and vents of the product again spare no effort in keeping the thermostat in check.
- Goggle lock is very convenient to handle and can be easily removed as desired by the user.
- The product is very much compatible with outdoor tech audio systems and hencemake up for the best point in the helmet.
- The product does not include much vents as compared to vents in other products.
- Adjustable flap on the helmet keeps moving constantly and may cause unwanted irritation the rider.
#9. Giro Trig MIPS Snow Helmet
Giro has proved its worth every now and then and has evolved into a brand that sworn by most of the professionals and majority of the user. The legacy of producing quality products has been into progress for more than a decade and still continues.
Unisex nine helmets from giro represents quality driven products witnessed by the users and does an equal job in wooing them. This remarkable product goes an extra mile in safeguarding the user from all kind of injury and may surprise the user with its amazing feature.
Though there is no end of the traits this product demonstrates, we should commence the list of the traits with its great thermostat feature. This very necessary feature helps in controlling the internal temperature of the helmet as per the prevailing atmosphere. Its ability to control the temperature of the helmet during hot and humid season is simply remarkable.
The super cool vents of the product are built with top notch quality that does a fantabulous job in disposing excess heat and humidity from the helmet. Stack and center vent of the product keeps the view clear by keeping the fog free and preventing the fog from settling on the goggle.
- Being a product from Giro, helmet is pretty light weight in nature.
- Tough construction of the helmet prevents the user from harmful injury.
- Product successfully manages to control the temperature of the helmet owing to its thermostat control feature inbuilt.
- Helmet is compatible with tune-ups audio system.
- Fiber lining stitched inside the helmet prevent bacterial infections and prevent bad odors.
- Tune-ups audio systems are not included with the helmet and need to be bought separately.
#10. Smith Optics Forefront All Mountain Bike Helmet
Although the designing and construction of this helmet from smith optics is pretty much the same like its previous variants; the product’s bold look has managed to gather a lot of appreciation from the users.
The ultra- soft padding builds a comfortable resting place for the head and the overall construction of the product gives a very good coverage to the head. The position of the goggles is very secure and does not wobble causing irritation. The product has a very good capacity of fighting against excess heat and humid air due to changes in weather conditions.
There are total of 21 super cool vents architecture in to the helmet with the sole purpose of ventilation. Though the vents perform better than expected, there are times when the cooling of the vent exceeds the normal required temperature. The shell has been constructed with exclusive aero-core technology that features koroyd.
Like most of the variants from smith optics, this product does not prevent from multiple impacts occurred due to directional hits. On an average, a medium sized helmet weighs no more than 285 gm. which is pretty light. Overall, the product just has everything that every other variant of smith optics has to offer. It consists of AirEvac system and vents to keep the excess heat away.
- Unique Koroyd tube structure of the product is worth noticing as it allows free air flow and its necessary circulation.
- The AirEvac system of the product keeps hot air away from the helmet and keep the goggles fog-free.
- An average sized helmet from smith optics has a minimal weight of 285 gms. which makes it very light weight in nature.
- The super cool vents housed in the helmet do the necessary cooling however at times the cooling effect is extremely intense and makes the temperature a bit chilly which is not at all required.
Like These As Well :