Best 10 Drip Coffee Maker Reviews
If you are a lover of coffee and are tired of drinking that cold and ill-flavored coffee, then it‘s time to upgrade your kitchen appliances with the drip coffee maker machine. They are the popular and basic coffee makers and found everywhere from the home kitchen to cafes, coffee shops etc. Best home coffee makers are known for their ease of use and pocket-friendly prices. So if you are planning to purchase the best coffee maker under 100, this article is a boon for you. Not only here we have talked about the best Amazon coffee grinders available but have also mentioned their advantages and disadvantages. So take a look and give yourself a fresh pot of hot brewed coffee in just a few minutes.
Know all about a Coffee
Coffee is a universal favorite drink prepared from roasted coffee beans. These coffee beans are nothing but seeds of berries from the coffee plant. The two most commonly grown coffees are Arabica and Robusta.
- Arabica coffee originally descended from a coffee tree found in Ethiopia. These trees produced a fine, mild and aromatic coffee. This type of coffee contributes 70% of the world’s coffee production and has less caffeine. Arabica trees are costly to cultivate and most disease prone, hence they require extra care and attention.
- Robusta coffee is primarily used in blends and for instant coffee. These coffees are slightly round and smaller than Arabica bean. They account for 30% of the world’s market. The Robusta tree is heartier and more resistant to disease and parasites, which makes it easier and cheaper to cultivate. It can withstand warmer climate too.
When berries from these coffee trees ripe, they are collected, processed and dried. Dries coffee seeds are called coffee beans. Coffee seeds are then roasted to varying degree and are done according to the desired flavor. Once the beans are roasted, they are ground and brewed with near-boiling water to produce coffee as a beverage.
Nowadays coffees are not only enjoyed at home but also in many public coffee houses. One can easily find a coffee shop preparing and presenting a variety of coffees like- espresso, French press, café latte, filter coffee, cappuccino etc. They are usually served hot or cold, cold coffees are next popular alternative.
Advantages Of Having Coffee
- Coffee contains caffeine which makes you smarter. This active ingredient is a stimulant and a psychoactive substance which blocks the effect of an inhibitory neurotransmitter called Adenosine. Caffeine increases the metabolism of the body. It increases the level of energy and functioning of the brain.
- Coffee helps in burning fat at a faster rate, thus helping in an effective weight loss. Caffeine plays a major role here by stimulating the nervous system, causing it to send signals to fat cells to break down body fat. It has also shown that coffee improve athletic performance and endurance during exercise.
- Coffee is a great source of nutrients and antioxidants. It has a lot of nutritional value. The antioxidants in coffee delay cell damage. Hence, coffee makes you pretty and healthy.
- Coffee lowers the risk of diabetes. The only precaution is to limit the amount of sugar you add in the black water.
- Coffee prevents the liver from cirrhosis, a condition where your liver tissue is damaged and replaced with scar tissue. Consumption of coffee on a regular basis has been shown to be natural detox to help protect against liver damage. If you are a regular drinker, include coffee in your daily routine in order to cleanse and detox your body.
- Coffee consumption lowers the risk of heart disease. It also reduces the cardiovascular disease and stroke. Coffee also lowers down the risk of cancer. It eliminates the risk of a special type of skin cancer called melanoma.
- Alzheimer’s is a disease which affects your memory, thinking, and behavior. It is a very devastating condition. Symptoms with time get worse. If you include three to five cups of coffee in your daily diet, it can reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Coffee lowers the risk of Parkinson’s disease. Parkinson’s is a chronic disorder that involves malfunctioning and death of certain brain cells. It is a progressive disease.
- Coffee lowers the risk of being depressed. Depression is a serious and chronic mood disorder that affects twice as many women as men. It affects our daily activity. Coffee decreases the risk of depression.
Types of drip coffee Makers
There are different drip coffee makers available in the market. It depends on you, how much you want to spend and what style you want to experience.
- Electric Drip Coffee Machine: These types of makers came into the market in early 1950’s and gain popularity during the 1970’s. Basic models of electric coffee makers come with a pot, filter area, and a reservoir. Some advanced models come with reusable filters such as metal mesh and have electronic settings which allow to set the timers to brew at specific intervals.
- Pour Over Drip Makers: Pour over coffee makers work with just filter and hot water. When using them you only have to place the filter and grind the beans into a holder and then slowly pour water on it. They are rarely used but are known for their function and design.
Advantages of Drip Coffee Maker
Any coffee lover is familiar with the drip coffee maker. These coffee makers are basic and found everywhere. They are affordable and easy to use as well as the process is simple. Anyone can prepare coffee within three minutes with the drip coffee maker. Following are the advantages of drip coffee machine:
- Easy set up: most of the electric brewers come pre-assembled and ready to use. You are only supposed to put the right amount of coffee and you are good to go.
- Automatic features: Modern coffee maker come with many features and setting which allows the user to control the brew type, as well as the programming option, allows to set the timer according to the requirement. These automatic features have made our morning better and hassle-free.
- Adjustability: Drip coffee maker allows to make coffee according to one’s taste- like strong or mild. This can be done by adjusting the amount of ground coffee use. These drip machines help in making various types of coffee.
- Electric coffee maker ensures that the coffee is warm for a longer period of time. Some machines have an actual heated surface that is under the pot and can be easily turned on or off. Some have a thermal So, in short, these coffee machines are capable of giving hot coffee always.
- These drip coffee makers are user-friendly and easy to use. They have simple and clear functions on them which can be used by anyone. This machine helps in easing the process of making coffee one can easily make various types of coffees at home without any extra effort. These machines are the best home coffee maker, it allows one to enjoy coffee with perfect taste at home.
- Drip coffee makers are You can find many types of machine in any home appliance shop or online. You can also get grinder at a low price. There are many deals online as well as a festive discount, so one can buy a coffee maker even at the much lower price. Just do a little research and buy the coffee machine according to your requirement and budget.
- Fast: These machines are fast and are capable of giving one cup in one minute. One can easily make coffee without wasting time or getting late for work.
Points to consider before buying best home coffee maker:
- Type of coffee maker: There are many versions of coffees like espresso, cappuccino, drip coffee, latte, regular brewed coffee etc. and to make all these coffees there are many coffee makers in the market. Few coffee makers make the best espresso, while other makes the best drip coffee and list goes on. So according to the preference choose the best coffee machine.
- Capacity: When you are looking for a coffee machine, you will come across a machine with different sizes or capacity. Capacity means the amount of storage and the fills. One must see the water capacity a machine can hold, and how many cups it can make at a time. There are machines which can make up to 12 cups of coffee. There are also other machines which can make less than that also. So the choice is totally on your usage, whether you want for personal use or professional purpose.
- Chip smart: Technology has played a major role in improving our daily lifestyle. What if this technology also makes your coffee machine a super machine? Markets have a machine which has features like:
- The in-built clock which will enable daily start time.
- Water indicator, so that you don’t have to worry about how much water to be added.
- Auto cleaning function.
- Auto shutoff feature, which can automatically switch off the machine and you don’t have to bother about shutting it off every.
- User-friendly: Coffee machine should be convenient to use and not complicated. A good coffee maker machine should be obvious and defined to use so that you need not strive in the morning for a good cup of coffee. Common but necessary specification a machine should have:
- Adjustable heater plate, to adjust according to apparatus.
- Water filling.
- Brew pause-to have an adequate quantity.
- Maintain the strength of coffee according to taste.
- Easy cleaning drip tray.
- The machine should be easy to maintain. So, always go for a coffee maker which requires less maintenance and you don’t have to worry about it servicing time to time.
All the above features help in saving time and can be good to consider before buying a coffee machine.
Features to look for when purchasing coffee maker online
- Filters: There are three types of filter- paper filter, metal filter, and water filter. Some machines use a paper filter, it is said that paper filters offer a possible health benefit by removing cholesterol. The paper filter is only for single use. On the contrary metal filter is a permanent filter which you just need to remove, clean and put it back to use. So, your decision of buying a coffee maker should depend on the kind of filter you want.
- Machine body: As soon as you decide on what type of coffee and filter you are looking for, you need to look for a machine with a good and solid body. Machine body defines the age and the durability. Some coffee makers give best taste coffee but their body gets rust soon or break; hence one must watch the exterior and body of the machine. Stainless steel body is the best to opt for.
- Price of the machine: The most important point to consider is your budget. Price of coffee makers differs from brand to brand. It is on you which machine you need to purchase according to your use. There can be chances that an expensive machine might not fulfill your need, so always see the features and price before going for one.
- Speed and temperature: The next thing to consider is the speed and temperature of the coffee machine. Most of the coffee makers machines take few seconds to deliver a cup of coffee whereas other machines take few minutes to prepare a single cup coffee; hence how fast you want your coffee will decide the machine you would like to go for. The temperature for a perfect brew is 196 to 205 F, so if you want a pretty good temperature for your coffee then look for a machine that can brew your coffee to that particular temperature.
Other extra features to consider are:
- Programmable-setting- this feature makes sure that you just don’t drink brew but can experiment with a various variety of coffees.
- Built-in grinder: this feature allows you to drink a coffee with freshly grind coffee beans.
- Auto shut off- the importance of this feature is realized when in rush of going somewhere forget to switch off the machine. This feature allows the machine to switch off safely when not in use. We can do the setting and accordingly the machine will shut down.
- Multiple warmer- best feature for business or commercial purpose, where we have to make multiple cups of coffee.
- Streamer- this feature is preferred on your liking towards froth. If you like coffee with steamed milk, go for a model with an inbuilt.
A coffee lover can only understand the importance of right coffee making machine, and considering the above features will definitely land him in buying the best coffee maker.
Before choosing a drip coffee machine ask yourself the following and you will definitely land up buying the best:
- How many coffees you need to make every day ?
- What features you are looking for in the machine? Like automatic on/off.
- How much you want to brew your coffee?
Steps to prepare a perfect drip coffee
After knowing all the features, benefits and other details of drip coffee maker, you must to eager to know how you can prepare it. The following steps will guide you to make a perfect drip coffee.
- Keep your coffee maker machine clean, inside and out: This may sound stupid, but deposits of calcium or other materials can make the coffee bitter. So it is a good idea to clean the machine. You can use a homemade solution of vinegar and water to clean it.
- Use high-quality coffee: Raw material is the core of any brewing method. So opt for the premium quality coffee brand to have a tasty and refreshing coffee.
- Don’t buy pre-ground coffee: It depends on the grinder of the maker and brewing technique. So buy the coffee whole. For drip coffee, it is important that you have to wait until just before you brew to have the fullest flavor.
- Measure: As far as measurements are concerned, drip coffees are more affordable than other methods. Still, make sure you don’t skimp or overload. A thumb rule is to use two tablespoons of coffee per 16oz of water.
- Rinse filter properly: This method doesn’t apply when using a metal mesh filter. But if using filter paper then rinse them with cold water before using and get rid of tiny impurities.
- Turn the heat off and start: If using a pour over drip makers then you don’t have to worry because they allow to settle the flavor without disruption. But if using electric drip coffee maker then you need to take care.
Let’s now discuss the top-rated coffee maker. These top-rated drip coffee makers have a good response among the customers. Each of them has received more than three stars rating. These coffee makers are worth an investment. They are durable, reliable and give a delightful coffee. You can buy them online as well as from kitchen appliance shop. This best coffee maker of 2020 is up to the expectation of customers with particular requirements.
Top 10 Best Drip Coffee Maker Reviews under $50, $100 and $200 Dollars
#1. OXO On Barista Brain 9 Cup Coffee Maker
It is one of the best coffee makers in the market with amazing features and innovative technology. This coffee maker will turn your regular coffee into a celebration of flavors. This coffee maker takes the number one position among the best coffee makers because it replicates handmade pouring techniques with automated technology and delivers the same precision as a professional barista. OXO Barista Brain utilizes a microprocessor that will self-adjust and self-time based on your brewing setting. It also maintains a steady temperature control of 197.6 – 204.8 degrees so that coffee never gets too hot or too cold.
This coffee maker ensures that it extract the full flavor of coffee, which is possible by its intuitive design. Its body is made up of stainless steel components to ensure that everything is sleek and smooth to touch. This coffee maker is very simple to use. Everything is controlled with a single dial that feeds into a backlit LED display.
OXO Barista Brain is the number one choice for the automatic drip coffee maker. Barista Brain coffee maker includes a brew basket, a stainless steel carafe, Instructional manual and a standard one year’s warranty. Consumer report of this coffee maker says that it has been given a 5-star rating by its 60% customers. But few customers had a quality issue with the machine body.
- This coffee maker makes delicious coffee with consistent taste.
- The coffee stays hot for more than two hours in it.
- Easy to use and easy to pour.
- The main downside of this automatic drip coffee maker is that the brewing process is too tight that it’s freshly brewed aroma won’t spread in your house.
- This machine is little expensive.
This coffee maker is the best example of the phrase “don’t judge a book by its cover”. This coffee maker doesn’t have a high tech look. However, this coffee maker comes with 1500 watt heater and a 195 – 205-degree temperature range and delivers piping hot coffee within few minutes and has attracted many buyers toward it. This coffee machine has a shower head which is designed to spread water all over the coffee ground in a uniform way.
This ensures perfect saturation without any dry spots. This coffee maker comes with stainless steel liners for maximum heat retention. It also offers a vacuum walled chamber to prevent spills. This coffee machine is easy to clean. This machine is strong, reliable and steady. Almost 40% of its customers have given it a 5-star rating. This coffee maker gives a good kick start to their mornings.
- It has showerhead design for evenly spread of water.
- Good temperature range.
- Capable of making 8 cups of coffee.
- It does not have computerized technology.
#3. Hamilton Beach Brew Station 12 Cup Coffee Maker
This coffee maker is a perfect blend of new and old coffee maker. The most catching fact about this 12 cup coffee maker is that it directly drips into your cup. This coffee maker does not have any tray or carafes, it’s a one-handed machine and free of the mess. Hamilton coffee maker menu also offers many modern functions like display menu, programmable clock, automated on/off switch button and self-regulating warming plate.
This coffee also allows switching modes and brewing different coffees like bold, regular and iced coffee. This coffee maker embraces both old school convenience and new school technology. It has been given a 5-star rating by its 50 % customer whereas 22 % of its customer have given it a 2-star rating. Overall this coffee maker has mixed reviews.
- This coffee maker has front-end.
- This 12 cup coffee maker also comes with an adjustable setting for different brew option.
- This machine has an easy one-handed design.
- No temperature control.
- Fixed cup size.
#4. Cuisinart Coffee Maker DCC 320014 Cups Coffee Maker
This coffee maker lets you control almost everything except the color of the coffee. This coffee maker allows making regular or bold whichever way you like to have your caffeine. Cuisinart coffee maker is designed in a way to provide one of a kind taste experience. It has a programmable menu which allows one to fiddle with the various setting until you have determined the right one according to your taste.
This coffee maker has automated control that will turn the machine on, switch it off, make it hotter, adjust the cup size as well as keep the track of cleaning schedule. This machine also has a drip-free sprout which you can use according to your convenience. The Cuisinart coffee maker machine is the ultimate solution for all the coffee lovers as this machine allows the user to make his own coffee according to his preference. This coffee maker has been reviewed as a good value of money by the users.
- This machine can make more than 12 cup coffee at a time.
- It has the option to provide a customized coffee with a variety of blend types.
- This machine does not spill and hence avoid the mess.
- This might smell like a plastic while making coffee.
- A bit pricey. Generally used for the professional.
#5. Mr. Coffee Optimal Brew 10 Cups Thermal Coffee System
As the name says, this coffee maker gives the optimal coffee experience. This coffee maker meets almost all the expectation of the coffee lovers. This machine is a strong all rounded machine that allows you to customize and control your morning fix. This machine focuses on quantity but never compromise with its quality. Its water filtration removes 97 percent of impurities in the stream.
This machine has an automated feature which includes things like intuitive grab and goes technology that will allow you to enjoy a cup of coffee even before the brew cycle is complete. This machine is smart enough to inform you when it needs cleaning. Mr. Coffee does not make a simple good coffee but also excel in the entire brewing process. If you are looking for a top-notch coffee experience this machine is your answer.
- This machine is capable enough to make 10 cups of coffee at a time. Hence, can serve many coffee lovers at a time.
- It comes with advanced grab and goes.
- This best grind and brew coffee maker comes with a variety of inbuilt indicators and alerts options.
- As the machine aims at proving a variety of coffees sometimes, the controls in the machine can be sometimes complicated and hard to understand.
#6. Technivorm Moccamaster 79114 KBT Coffee Brewer
This is a high-end model. This model is the last ever model one will buy. It gives a full control over the temperature and time control. This machine comes with an automatic power setting and manual drip- stop. It gives 10 to 12 cups of coffee at a time. This coffee has a capacity of 1.25 liters hence; percolate for a long time without a refill.
The heating feature of this machine makes it the largest selling machine. This machine utilizes a copper heating with a temperature range of 196 -205 degree. This machine gives a nice and hot coffee. You can control the temperature according to your preference. Moccamaster is very simple to use and most of the parts are removable, hence cleaning is easy.
- Moccamaster has advanced copper heating elements for perfect heating of the coffee.
- It has large volume capacity. It can serve a large gathering with an ease.
- This machine comes with many features. One can easily experiment with a variety of coffee styles.
- This machine is expensive. This is not made for personal use.
- Because of its structure and capacity is bit heavy and looks bulky.
#7. Hamilton Beach (49980A) Single Serve Coffee Maker and Coffee Pot Maker
This machine solves two purposes. It can make a single cup of coffee as well it can serve 12 cups of coffee. This machine can be used for the home purpose as it can make one cup of coffee as well as in offices or commercial purpose as it can make multiple cups.
This multi brew side offers a large carafe and water reservoir that can take care of a large group. The containers with the machine always make the right amount of coffee, neither too less nor too much. So, there is very less wastage.
- This machine is available at a very low price.
- It has two different brew setting feature which makes it popular.
- It has a programmable menu for extensive user control.
- The making of the machine is very bulky.
- Not a user-friendly machine for beginners.
#8. Zojirushi EC-DAC50 Zutto 5-Cup Drip Coffeemaker
This 5 Cups Coffee Maker is versatile in nature. The water reservoir is removable, a feature not commonly found in other coffee maker machine. This feature helps in detaching the reservoir from the coffee maker and filling it water whenever you want. The reservoir also has marks on it, which help inaccurate measurement of water.
This 5 cups coffee maker has an appealing exterior which makes it perfect for your home kitchen or office. This coffee machine helps in maintaining the quality of the coffee with the best taste. This machine purifies the water first before preparing brew. Zojirushi 5 cup coffee maker is a very popular product among the coffee lovers and has got a 4.8-star rating.
- Based on the functionality of the machine, this 5 cups coffee maker gives a reasonable value for your money.
- The machine maintains a high functionality standard for years. It is well designed with no flaws.
- Zutto coffee maker is easy to use with one switch. You just need to add coffee to the conical paper filter, pour water into the reservoir and flip the switch; your coffee will be ready in few minutes.
- Easy to use and clean.
- The machine has a speed of preparing coffee within 3-8 minutes. With the average 5 minutes speed, this machine is among the fastest coffee makers.
- Mostly this machine is made up of plastic and plastic can break.
- This machine is expensive for a 5 cup auto drip for few customers.
- Carafe handle is poorly designed.
#9. Cuisinart Coffee Maker With Grinder
The most appealing feature of this machine is that it comes with a grinder. A coffee tasted better when it is made with freshly ground coffee beans. This machine does everything. One particular feature of this machine is that it has an impressive programmable shut-off. You can set the machine to turn off immediately after the brewing is done or hours later.
This machine also offers a programmable time and 1-4 cup brewing option. Cuisinart coffee maker with grinder comes with an option of a turn off the grinder if you just want to use pre-ground coffee. This coffee maker comes in the best grinder and coffee maker list.
- It has a built-in
- It has Programmable with a timer.
- Comes with Auto shut off feature.
- Easy to use and clean.
- Pause and serve option available.
- Built-in grinder is noisy.
- This machine requires manual dosing, which many customers feel uncomfortable with as one has to measure how much beans are required to get the perfect brew.
- The machine is 15 inches tall, hence requires large space and cannot fit in cupboards.
#10. Bunn NHS Velocity Brew – 10 Cups Home Coffee Brewer
This coffee maker is one of the best home coffee maker. This machine is known to be fast as it can make 10 cup carafe of coffee in 5 minutes. This machine is sleek with single cup brewer. Bunn NHS Velocity Brewer is one of the key competitors for anyone looking to buy the best home coffee maker/machine. It has a water reservoir where you can preserve hot water for brewing purpose. A carafe that has a unique feature of being drip-free, this quality makes it the best and great machine in the coffee industry.
The spout and the lid are designed in a way that makes the coffee pour arc inside the cup. This coffee maker is an exceptionally well designed and sleek machine with stainless steel parts and accents that make it stand out from other coffee machines. This machine offers a better contact between the hot water and coffee ground as it has a large and flat bottom filter. This coffee machine makes sure that it brings the best and advanced flavor out. Almost 66% of its customers have shown their satisfaction with giving them a 5-star rating.
- It has a drip-free carafe and spout designed in such a way that it prevents an unwanted.
- The setup of the machine is easy with effective brewing capabilities.
- It has an internal supply of hot water which always on standby, whenever brewing hot coffee is required, it can be made easily with this water.
- The machine is made up of stainless steel; therefore it is a tough and reliable machine.
- This machine is best for a home setup, cannot serve a large.
- It does not come with a timer.
- Not as durable as another model of BUNN brewer.
Above are the top Amazon coffee grinders with detailed specifications. The pros and cons given can help you have a clear picture of each coffee maker and choose the best among them according to your needs and requirements. Each maker is different from another, with unique qualities. Coffee Maker reviews play an important role in making a product popular. Other best grind and brew coffee makers are Bialetti coffee maker etc.
Coffee has become an integral part of our life; there are people who cannot start their day without a coffee. We can see early morning rush in many coffee shops because of this reason. Offices have coffee making a machine for their employees. We can see coffee machines at home; in fact, there are places where the people only drink coffee as a beverage.
A good coffee comes from a good coffee machine, hence the selection of the machine should be optimal and best according to the requirement. One must research a lot from the net and select the best coffee maker. Selection of the best coffee machine is not a difficult thing but yes it requires a little hard work and knowledge.
You Can Check Too :