Top 5 Best Ergonomic Office Desk Chairs Reviews 2018
Whether you are an employee or the boss, the modern world is full of competition, only has a huge workload to offer you. As a result, every day at the office is destined to be very hectic & you return home quite worn out and tired. But your condition can be worse if you’re working conditions are inappropriate, especially your posture. This is because office work is mostly sedentary in nature which is not best ergonomic office chair as well.
Therefore you must ensure that you have an ideal office desk chair and most importantly ergonomic office chair to avoid any health problems. For that, you can research what are the best, expensive and good & high-quality ergonomic office desk chairs in cheap, over the Internet. But before researching, you must first be familiar with the term ergonomics.
You must understand the concept of Ergonomics of an office chair, apply it to various chair designs and buy the one that’s reasonable in price and perfectly suitable for your office work environment.
Understanding the Ergonomics of an Office Desk Chair & its Importance for your health
Ergonomics basically refers to the science dealing with the design of your office desk chair, ensuring that you don’t experience any discomfort or pain whilst at work. This Discomfort or pain includes many health issues related to all the body parts involved in your seating postures like your neck, arms, spine, hips, thighs, and feet.
Thus, an Ergonomic chair design is the one which has a proper headrest, back support, breathable material, wide seat, comfortable armrests & legs rest (optional). Also, we all know that budget is always an alarming factor while buying anything in case of most of the people. Therefore you must research and find the best cheap inexpensive affordable ergonomic office desk chairs on Amazon, and buy the chair of your choice from them.
The main reason behind giving importance to ergonomics is that it helps you in maintaining a sound health while working. Otherwise, a faulty designed Office chair will only give you a bunch of disorders like spondylitis, sciatica, herniated disc, lumbar pain, hips pain, arthritis, etc.
Advantages of an Ergonomic Office Desk Chair
As mentioned above, Ergonomics in Layman’s language refers to ensuring that your chair has a proper design to comfort all your body parts like head, spine, buttocks, etc. Therefore, a chair can be called an Ergonomic in nature if it has a comfortable headrest, back support, armrest, etc. For instance, to avoid lumbar pain, you can search for the best most ergonomic lumbar support office desk chairs on Amazon.
Following are some advantages of having an Ergonomic Office Desk Chair:
- Your body posture is crucial in the long-term perspective of your life. It mainly involves maintaining a straight spine. If you have an Ergonomic office chair, your spine will be properly aligned with your body thereby avoiding sciatica, herniated disc, and lumbar pain.
- Many office employees also experience hip pain due to a small chair base and uneven surface. You can eliminate this problem by finding and buying the best office chair ergonomic for long hours sitting and hip pain posture.
- Apart from back and hips, other joints like knees and elbows are also compromised without proper support. An Ergonomic design consists of a proper armrest, headrest and legs rest to comfort all of these crucial joints.
- One more essential but often neglected factor in an office chair is the material used. This is because minor factors like breathable nature, ability to bend, cushioning, etc. also have a major implication for your health.
A Few things to consider while choosing the ideal Ergonomic Office Desk Chair
You have now understood what Ergonomics is and what it implies for your chair design. This means you are familiar with the conceptual theory and are all set to apply it. There are many aspects to consider before buying an Ergonomic Office chair. This is because many times companies claim their chairs to be ergonomic but their product is faulty. To avoid this, you can study various chair reviews like Best top 10 rated ergonomic office desk chairs reviews on trusted sites.
Following are some pointers that will guide you while buying an Ergonomic Office Chair:
- Prefer Leather material instead of Mesh or any metal if you like soft cushioning and body contouring for comfort. If you like hard surface then you can go for Mesh. Just search for the best ergonomic mesh office chairs with adjustable lumbar support with headrest on Amazon and buy it.
- Next important element of Ergonomics is the resting points for various parts of head, arms, and The headrest must properly support your head and neck. The armrests must be well cushioned and must support your elbows appropriately.
- A Major factor in any chair is its back support. The back support must align your back properly in every area from your neck to your buttocks. This will ensure that you don’t experience any lumbar pain or sciatica.
- And lastly, the most important factor is the monetary aspect. You must ensure that the chair is reasonably priced as per its features. To avoid being cheated you can refer latest 2018 economic chair reviews like for instance, best budget ergonomic office desk chairs 2018 under 100, 200 and 300 dollars.
Based on the above information, following are Top 5 Best Ergonomic Office Desk Chairs :
Best 5 Best Ergonomic Office Desk Chairs Under 500, 1000 And 2000 Dollars Reviews
#1. Herman Miller Embody Chair – Graphite Frame/Black Balance Textile
About 20 experienced physicians and a few PhDs in science, ergonomics, biomechanics, physical therapy, etc. fields were involved in the indigenous development of this kind of chair. Thus you can now see that Embody chair is setting high benchmarks for body alignment, superior ergonomic seating design and a support for almost every crucial body part.
The Embody ergonomic office chair has a pinch of modern technology in the form of Pixelated Support system. It is basically a dynamic pixel matrix covering the entire chair surface. This matrix acts as a sort of suspension system where you feel like you are floating on the chair as soon as you sit on it.
Yet it ensures top-notch balance maintenance. The balance maintenance phenomenon is very interesting wherein the back support and base surface of the seat instantly adapt to your body’s micro-movements. This adaptability evenly distributes your weight as soon as you sit. All this means that Pixelated Support ultimately helps in maintaining your body posture and blood circulation.
Another striking feature is the Back-fit Adjustment feature. It is basically a custom back support which means once you sit in the Embody chair, the back support moves as per your movement, i.e. it acts as your second spine and ribs. As a result, you can never have any back related problems especially lumbar related problems.
There are 4 layers of Material used in crafting this chair wherein the outer layer is the finest quality of fabric, the internal two layers are composed of criss-cross air pockets and the last layer is attached to the internal metal frame of the chair. The Fabric gives you a rich smooth feel and the air pockets ensure regular cooling of the seat surface and also ensure that the chair is breathable so that you don’t sweat even if you sit for long hours. You may surely love this best ergonomic office chair for you office.
- The Back-fit feature acts like your second spine and rib cage. Once you sit it literally gets attached to your back and moves according to your movement flexibly whether you move ahead you relax back to recline. Thus if you don’t have money constraints, buy this fully adjustable ergonomic working office chair.
- The Fabric covering consists of a pixelated matrix design which provides the ultimate level of comfort for your pressure points like your buttocks, spine, etc. as it quickly reads your slightest body movements as soon as you sit.
- The chair also has a comfortable armrest and height adjustability for the back support. The armrest is properly cushioned and the adjustable height is beneficial if you are tall.
- Although it has almost all-pervasive features for optimum comfort, the cost is pretty high and you can buy it only if you don’t have any budget constraints.
- Also, there’s no importance given to the leg rest, knee rest and thigh support due to which you can suffer from leg related problems.
- The chair has a fantastic back support but lacks in sufficient headrest features. Thus you have to rely on the back support for your neck as well. As a result, you might end up having neck related issues.
#2. Herman Miller Executive Aeron Task Chair: Highly Adjustable W/Posturefit Lumbar Support
The Original Aeron Chair debuted back in 1994, but it was a very basic design and Ergonomics was not a familiar concept back then. Over the past two decades, Herman Miller has eventually learned how to craft office chairs to support various postures of employees through their daily office work routines.
As a result, this modern chair incorporates twenty years of technological innovation with ergonomic applications devise such a chair design, which has positive health implications and a wide range of performance abilities. Technological innovations include an upgraded tilting mechanism, adjustable posture design, and Pellicle style suspension. Thus, the performance of this chair is much smarter than its 1994 predecessor and also extremely competent in current office chairs market.
The original 1994 Aeron ergonomic office chair introduced 1Z Pellicle elastomeric style suspension that helped to eliminate the pressure points that restricted blood circulation and thereby expanded the horizon of chair materials and their design. But now, with the 8Z Pellicle suspension, the Aeron Task Chair consists of eight times the suspension level as compared to the original one.
Along the entire seat surface and on the back support, there are eight vertical zones of varying pressure and tension, wherein it is the tightest near edges and a little loosened up at the points where your body touches the seat, thereby ensuring maximum comfort.
There has been a craze of foam and fabric materials in building a chair over past few years, these materials are not so good when it comes to sitting for long hours, as it causes your body to heat up, sweat and also leads to many skin issues. But the Aeron Task chair is made up of Pellicle suspension design which ensures the ventilation of air through its structure whilst you are sitting on it. This means it maintains your body temperature to normal avoiding sweat and irritation.
- The design of the chair is very sturdy and the structure has a comfortable spinal support to avoid any kind of back problems supporting the upper as well as the lumbar Furthermore, the structure also extends below with the pelvic area of the chair appearing like a waterfall design, i.e. that part is slightly elevated to envelope your buttocks at the back side and properly support your thighs on the front side.
- All the upgrades to the original chair were done so that they would function together supporting various body forms. The Body Posture fitting design and the 8Z Pellicle material suspension resemble superior level of ergonomics and optimum support to enhance the user’s experience. Together, these features work perfectly to support your spine. Moreover, this chair also has localized support system, which provides your body posture the most flexible experience with a skeletal style frame which moves with your body movements.
- Sitting steady in a single position decreases your muscles’ natural action of pumping which helps to deliver essential nutrients to your intervertebral discs. The Aeron Task chair is so designed to facilitate your static movements in the most smooth and optimum manner. The back support is also very flexible and movement friendly. As a further bonus, it supports maximum recline bend for your back, allowing you to stretch back as far as you want.
- As stated above, the chair provides you an option to shift your backrest from a 90° upright posture to a full-recline pose in a very smooth manner. Eliminating the postural limitations of the original Aeron Chair, this chair provides you a full proof range of many different movements. Whether you have to recline back for meeting delegations or you have to sit in a frontal bending position for typing purpose.
- Apart from everything else, you also get a 12-year long Herman Miller’s warranty with an Official sticker bearing the Born-On-Date mention.
- This chair is very much a flawless chair with an exceptional design but the cost is pretty high again. If you have several budget plans prepared in advance, then this probably can’t be your cup of tea.
- This chair also misses a properly cushioned headrest which could help you avoid your neck from facing any issues. But as a headrest is missing, your head is left suspended and you might have problems when sitting in a forward leaning position.
#3. Amazonbasics Mid Back Office Chair, Best Ergonomic Office Desk Chair
This chair has got the most number of positive reviews by its users on various e-commerce platforms, especially Amazon. Having as much as around approximately 2k appreciating reviews on Amazon, this chair is one of the best selling products on Amazon. It has many different unique features and most importantly it is a budget-friendly ergonomic office desk chair. So you will surely love this best ergonomic office desk chair which i have seen ever.
The Pneumatic feature for height adjustment is an exclusive feature of this chair. Pneumatic refers to the use of air pressure to adjust the resistance of any particular device or structure. Therefore, Pneumatic feature in the context of this office chair refers to the use of air pressure suspension to adjust your chair’s height as per your requirement.
Thus, adjusting your chair height is a very smooth and simple process and you will never have any chances of resisting any sort of accidental injury to your back or neck while adjusting height. Also, the process is pretty quick to avoid complications. The height adjustment limit varies between 35.6 to 40.3-inch in length and has a 24-inch width which thereby covers almost whole of your body frame, ensuring maximum comfort level as well.
The material used in the making of this chair is simple Mesh material which is highly trending among the budget chairs these days. Mesh material although being rough and hard is extremely sturdy and durable. Further, this structure is also padded with a comfortable soft padding around it. Thus, when you sit in this chair you experience the soft comforting feeling.
- Although there has been an invention of a more innovative pellicle material, the mesh is still being an alternative which many people are choosing due to its easy availability and cost-efficient That is because it is cheaper and long-lasting.
- The Mesh material body has a dynamic air pockets matrix which ensures a breathable surface for you. This means that every time you sit on this chair, unlike a fabric or foam material where you feel high skin temperature and sweating, in a mesh material chair you have the air pocket like matrix which ensures air regulation along the resting portion of your body.
- This chair is also very low on maintenance costs and upkeep requirements. As a result, you have to undergo minimum problems.
- As mentioned above, this chair has a unique Pneumatic height adjustment feature, which provides you a flexible height adjustment facility smoothly with the help of air pressure suspension. In this way, you can avoid back and neck injuries.
- Another major advantage of this chair is that it has a very wide seating surface which covers your body proportionately without any discomfort.
- Mesh-based material only provides you a limited level of flexibility. Beyond a certain extent, the consistency gets rigid which restricts your reclining and several stretching motions.
- The maximum height adjustment is limited to 40.3 inches which makes this chair quite unsuitable for tall physique personalities.
- This chair has an armrest feature but the armrests are not well padded and as the material is mesh, it can hurt your arm and elbow joint accidentally.
#4. La-Z-Boy Delano Big & Tall Executive Bonded Leather Office Chair
La-Z-Boy is an extremely trusted brand known for its traditionally rich and high-quality products. Thus, the La-Z-Boy Delano Big & Tall Executive Office Chair combines a luxurious design with a high tech innovation and enhanced performance for the perfect support and desired comfort level at work and relaxation. This chair has a traditional design but it is infused with the modern concept of Memory Foam material. The outer layer consists of the memory foam material which is very advanced. You will surely this best ergonomic office chair for your office and home as well.
The strategically devised body cushioning and padding with a pillow on the headrest is a huge plus point for this office chair. This design provides adequate neck support along with a reduction in the specific pressure points, to ensure that there’s no discomfort due to sitting for long hours. This is the thing which is normally not seen in most of the ergonomic office chairs for you.
This ergonomic office chair is completely adjustable for a customized fitting as per your desire. This custom setup includes the height, elevation and tilt magnitude to match your requirements for a desirable positioning and perfected body alignment.
The lumbar area has body contouring feature which provides custom support for your lower to minimize the chances of discomfort. The capacity of this chair is up to about 400 lbs with a spacious arrangement for sitting surface.
- The material used is a thick plywood inner core, reinforced metal bar and robust castor structures to ensure durability. You can rely on this tough product for all your daily activities, no matter how rough or bulky they may be.
- This chair has been crafted with components made of wood. Apart from that, the back support of this high back office desk chair is covered in bonded leather of smooth texture to obtain an interesting infusion of traditional setup and modernized performance suitable for any type of office.
- The chair has a special kind of Memory Foam layering which is an advanced layering system. It provides you with guaranteed body contouring and thereby ensures 100% comfort without any problems.
- The seating area is pretty spacious and the chair is also ideal for heavy duty carrying as its maximum capacity is up to about 400lbs. This ensures zero compromise with comfort and durability.
- This chair is intensively designed to be an Ergonomic chair. It therefore consists of a height adjustment feature which allows you to adjust your height to ensure perfect body alignment with best postural support.
- As mentioned above, this chair has a separate headrest to comfortably place your head and neck on it and thereby avoid any health complications. The body contouring feature also helps in eliminating the tension on your pressure points.
- The brand has a legacy of goodwill in the chair market and it is known to maintain its traditional designs with a modern punch.
- This is one of the few most affordable ergonomic office desk chairs in the market currently. You can read Ergonomic home office leather chairs reviews for offices back pain, and you’ll find this as one of the popular options in Leather material at lower prices.
- Although Body Contouring feature is desirable by some people, many people find it uncomfortable and it affects them with spine and postural issues.
- This chair promises a traditional design with modern features but many people don’t buy the idea of a traditional style, they want their office chair to be modern in all aspects.
- This chair has a major drawback that leather material is not at all breathable in nature. This can leave you drenched in sweat if you sit for long hours as the lack of aeration increases body temperature causing heavy sweating.
#5. Steelcase Gesture Chair, Graphite
Steelcase believes that technology is the major driving force of today’s mankind. Therefore the company has been working on the inception of technological automation into chairs for a long time and they have succeeded in the form of this Gesture chair. This is inarguably the very first office desk chair designed to support you in your daily office work through the wonders of technology and also defines the human interactions with advanced technology at the same time.
You can simply call this chair as the Pioneer in taking the chair industry towards complete automation with the help of Artificial Intelligence and terrific innovation. It mainly focuses on recognizing various gestures of your body with the help of predefined technology. The making of this chair has been completely inspired by the movements and gestures of a human body. It is therefore considered to be tailor-made for the ways in which people work today.
To design the chair in the most innovative manner yet, this company stopped focusing on the chairs and started focusing on the people using them. This helped them to understand employees’ variety of postures at work and also the way their bodies naturally moved and also increase the value in best ergonomic office desk chair.
This leads them to the thought of designing a fully controllable chair which would move exactly like a human body. But for them to achieve this was quite tough a task as the human body is a complex structure to suffice. They had to study three different body interfaces of the human body such as the limb interface, core interface, and the seating surface interface.
Firstly, the limb interface consists of the limbs like structures called as Gesture Arms on either side. This Gesture arm moves exactly similar to a human arm, allowing support to the users in any given position and posture. This Gesture arm ensures optimum support to your shoulders and your arms in absolutely any arm-related movements like phone usage, typing on a keyboard, reclining backward to relax, etc.
The Core or the Back interface involves your back support by the chair. The Backrest moves in a fully synchronized manner from the moment you sit in the chair. Once you sit, then any given movement like leaning forward or reclining backward or tilting in any direction, will be identically copied by the backrest of this chair.
The Seat interface has its major flexible component around the edges. The edges of the gesture seat are adaptable to a wide range of motions and postures irrespective of your size and weight. As a result, you seating support are guaranteed to be comfortable.
Apart from Body interfaces, the chair also has another essential feature in intellectual adaptability to your minute movements instantly. Also, the controls of this gesture chair are extremely easy and simple to understand.
- You might have observed till now that headrest is not at all given even the slightest of importance in most of the office chairs. And even if some chairs give it any importance, the headrest is always a post designing upgrade. Therefore it is always separately attached after the chair is produced.
- But in case of this amazingly innovative Gesture chair, a gesture headrest is pre-designed and fitted in the chair from the manufacturer This headrest adapts to your head size and your neck’s axis instantly. It reads your neck’s range of motion but also allows it a little extra room to move farther if desired. This provides your neck and head with the optimum comfort level.
- The headrest has a 15 cm height adjustment range, a 10 cm of pivot movement forward and backward, and a 90° rotation range. This make it a perfect best ergonomic office desk chair in the world.
- The company has conducted a Global posture research study on 2000 random individuals across 6 different continents and have come to a conclusion that there are many different posture patterns in existence and the current market of Ergonomic chairs has very limited options out of which some don’t fulfill any postural requirements.
- As it is a gesture-controlled chair with complete automation, it obviously helps to reduce the majority of your work stress and helps you to work with full efficiency.
- The Body interface study and the subsequent application in the form of three interesting interfaces have helped the chair in improving its comfort quotient from better to the very best among all ergonomic chairs.
- It is obvious that an ergonomic office chair with such a top level of innovation and modern controls are going to be very harsh on your pocket. As a result, this is not a middle-class person’s cup of tea and is made only for the elite class.
- The advancements in technology have been excellently applied but the issues in synchronization are being raised in several countries which need to be fixed.
Office Chairs are the most important aspect of your office lifestyle. It determines your working posture which ultimately has a deciding impact on your work efficiency. Therefore you must ensure that you buy only the best office chair. For that, you must study the basics of best ergonomics office desk chair.
It roughly means that you must choose a chair which has a design that can perfectly support different parts of your body like your head, neck, shoulders, back, thighs, buttocks, etc. After studying this, you can analyze various market options on the basis of these ergonomic aspects and thereby choose the best office chair for back pain of your choice.
Check Now :