Top Best Waffle Mix Reviews
In today’s hectic millennial life full of hundreds and thousands of commitments every day, the one thing that most of the individuals struggle with the most is the day to day food habits. You don’t have any fixed time for your meals by the day as it is all dependants on your work schedule. Besides, it also has an impact on your choice of food which unfortunately has switched from healthy homemade food to any ready to make instant food packet, whether it is healthy or not.
But luckily enough, one such delicious ready to make an option which is suitable for your busy daily schedule which is healthy as well is the instant waffle mix. It is basically an instant food preparation option for you and can be pretty healthy if you go for the right variety. There are a number of varieties of this instant food available in the online market based on its cooking style, core ingredients, serving style, etc.
Waffles – Healthy & Tasty Food For Every Mood
Waffles find their origin in the European countries of France and Belgium. But over time, it has highly evolved into many different varieties and has gained significance throughout the world as a tasty yet healthy breakfast snack option. Waffles can be made out of both, instant waffle mix as well as instant pancake mix. The only difference is that the waffle mix requires a lesser amount of water or milk in the batter preparation as compared to the pancake mix. Waffles are prepared with the help of a leavened dough batter which can be made out of different ingredients like egg, baking powder, etc. depending upon your preference of health quotient and the consistency of the batter.
Advantages Of Buying An Instant Waffle Mix
The Advantages of buying a ready to make Waffle mix is:
- Waffles are quite easy instant mix products to make. You have to just add water and other optional ingredients like eggs, buttermilk, etc. as per your preference.
- The process of preparation is very quick as all you have to do is pour the batter into the waffle maker and fry it or bake it.
- Waffles serve as an extremely flexible food item which can be eaten as a breakfast snack with milk and eggs or as a proper meal with chicken and veggies or also as a tasty dessert with chocolate syrup, honey, powdered sugar, etc.
- Waffles made of organic ingredients, whole grains, etc. can serve as a tasty yet healthy snack option.
Tips To Buy The Most Delicious Yet Healthy Waffle Mix
The concept of Premade Waffle Mix as a ready to make healthy snack has become a very trending food option in the recent years. But waffles and pancakes can be the most difficult food choices if you focus on the health and nutritional aspect. Because most of the pancake cum waffle mixes are inclined towards the taste and deliciousness quotient of the waffles which might leave the nutrition aspect at stake.
In order to ensure that your choice of waffle is both tasty and healthy, you need to consider the following aspects of buying your pre-made waffle mix:
- To focus on nutrition along with taste, select the waffle mix which has the least amount of sugar, fats, and carbs and goes for a whole wheat organic product.
- The consistency of your waffle mix must be suitable for the waffle maker, therefore select the Best Waffle Mix for Waffle Maker.
- If you have problems such as gluten intolerance or sensitivity, then go for a gluten-free waffle mix.
- Consider ingredients such as Buttermilk, eggs, etc. while buying your waffle mix as they can elevate the consistency of your waffles and make them lighter and crisper.
Following are Top 5 Best Waffle Mix options for you:
Top 5 Best Waffle Mix Reviews Under $50, $100 And $200 Dollars
#1. Carbon’s Golden Malted Pancake And Waffle Flour Mix
The Carbon’s brand has been there in the ready to make waffle and pancake mix industry for more than over 60 years. The brand thrives on optimum quality and provides only the finest range of products to its customers. As a result, it has developed a wide base of loyal customers over the years.
This variant of Carbon’s ready to make products is more popular as the Best Pancake Mix than being a great waffle mix because all the suggested recipes blend beautifully to become a perfect pancake. This Carbons Waffle Mix consists of the most suitable ingredients for a crispy golden waffle which is light and tasty on the inside.
The ingredients include premium quality whole wheat flour, corn flour, leavening agents, malt, and buttermilk powder. The TRP of this carbons waffle mix is its unique malt flavor which makes it stand out from others in the competition. The preparation process is quite simple. You have to only add some water, butter and one or maximum two whole eggs. To elevate the consistency of your batter you can also add a little milk or buttermilk to the mixture.
- Malt content gives it beautiful light and airy texture while also enhancing its flavor. Besides malt also provides nutritional benefits in the form of Vitamin B, Riboflavin, Vitamin A, improving Bone Density, etc.
- The mix is quite compatible with both pancake and waffle making. Just add water for waffles and milk and eggs for pancakes. Both food items taste equally delicious as the mix has the finest ingredients.
- The sugar content is very low at below 2% which makes this waffle mix less risky for obese and overweight customers.
- The mix in itself doesn’t consist of any egg or traces of any non-vegetarian ingredient, therefore you can use it as if you are a vegetarian.
- The Product is priced at a slightly higher rate and can be out of budget for middle-class.
- The mix doesn’t contain any egg so you have to separately add eggs on your own which can be a little tricky for judgement.
- Not suitable if you are looking for a healthy option because the ingredients don’t exclusively focus on the health quotient.
#2. Krusteaz Belgian Waffle Mix
The Krusteaz Belgian Waffle Mix is currently one of the finest Waffle Mix options in the market with an average customer rating of 4 out of 5 stars. It is one of the best selling products in the Waffle mix industry and is preferred by many customers due to the precise quality and combination of ingredients used.
The mix already consists of several ingredients which other mixes don’t have and this makes it the Best Belgian Waffle Mix. The ingredients include fine quality wheat flour, corn flour, eggs, oil, etc. As this healthy waffle mix contains eggs and oil, all you need to do is add some water that’s it.
- The quantities are properly devised and mentioned on the pack which helps you avoid any confusion and problems.
- The Krusteaz Belgian Waffle Mix consists of finest ingredients in the right amount to give you the crispy and golden brown texture on the outside and a nice light fluffy consistency on the inside.
- The Krusteaz Brand assures you the best waffle mix for the Belgian waffle which is difficult to find elsewhere in the waffle market.
- This is the best value for money product in Belgian Waffles segment.
- Due to the presence of eggs in the mix, it is not at all suitable for vegetarians.
- Doesn’t include some elements like buttermilk powder which can provide a beautiful consistency and rich taste to your waffles.
#3. Kodiak Cakes Pancake, Flapjack And Waffle Mix
This Kodiak Cakes product is extremely innovative in its combination of ingredients and their quantities used. It is a top contender in becoming the best seller waffle mix brand in the waffles segment. The mix is not only suitable to make waffles but you can also prepare the best quality pancakes from it. It is a just add water pancake mix, i.e. all you have to do is just add water to this mix to get the best pancakes and waffles.
This is the only waffle mix to consist of an array of wholesome ingredients like Wholegrain Wheat, Oat Meal, Egg White, Oil, Buttermilk and Honey in it. As a result, it is an extremely healthy waffle mix yet it is also tasty because of the ingredients like Honey and Buttermilk.
- This Kodiak Cakes mix is the healthiest waffle mix available in the industry because of the sumptuous ingredients like Oatmeal, Honey etc.
- The preparation is easy as you only need to add water and fry the batter in the waffle maker or bake it to make it.
- The just ad water pancake mix consists of oil, eggs, and flour which mean you don’t need to add absolutely anything except water, thereby making it less confusing and quick for you.
- It is one of the few waffle mix options which combine nutrition with taste.
- This is the costliest Waffle Mix available in the market and this repels most of the average customers from this product.
- The eggs content already present in the mixture makes it unsuitable for vegetarians.
- Can be unsuitable for you if you have gluten sensitivity or intolerance.
#4. Bob’s Red Mill Organic Waffle Mix
This waffle mix is probably the Best Organic Waffle Mix available in the waffle mix industry as of today. This is because the core ingredients include Wheat Flour, Corn Flour and other whole grain flours, are stone ground and certified to be organic by the Government Food Inspection Authorities.
Apart from that, this organic waffle mix also consists of Flax seeds which are rich in omega three fatty acids, essential carbohydrates, and proteins. And most importantly the sugar content is in the form of pure raw sugar instead of the regular chemically processed sugar which consists of comparatively more amount of natural mineral content.
- This Waffle Mix consists of all stone ground whole grains flour which is extremely beneficial for your health as it is organic in nature.
- The ingredients of this mix are a rich source of iron, calcium and dietary fiber.
- This best Waffle Mix for waffle maker doesn’t include any eggs so it is one of the most suitable mixes for the vegan
- The prices are reasonable making it a budget-friendly Waffle Mix.
- There are no pre-mixed ingredients like butter, oil, eggs, etc. which means you need to put all these ingredients as per your preference and judgement which makes it a little confusing preparation process.
- The high dietary fiber and gluten content can be dangerous for people having a sensitive digestive tract or having gluten intolerance.
#5. Classique Belgian Waffle Mix
Out of all the Waffle mix variants, the belgium waffle mix variant is observed to be the most liked and preferred waffle mix option by the customers. This is probably because Belgium is one of the places of origin of the authentic waffle recipe. That is why the Belgian waffle is still considered as the measuring scale for all kinds of waffles. The classique belgian waffle mix already consists of Milk and eggs as a part of its core ingredients which makes it one of the best waffle mix options for you.
- This Belgian Waffle Mix consists of a delicious Vanilla Flavor which covers the atmosphere whilst these Waffles are being fried or baked.
- The Mix also consists of Soyabean Oil which is probably the healthiest option as compared to other Waffle mixes using ordinary edible oils.
- There is pre-mixed Non fat milk and eggs which makes your process simpler as you just have to add water and other optional suggested elements like dry fruits.
- It consists of DOH Tone enzyme which aids proper all-around baking and it also consists of healthy ingredients like Thiamin, Riboflavin, Iron, Folic Acid and Soyabean Oil.
- As Compared to other Belgian Waffle Mixes, it is comparatively pretty much costly.
- There is no presence of elements like Buttermilk, Honey, etc. which makes the waffles lighter and fluffy on the inside.
Living in today’s busy lifestyle is not a joke, especially with respect to your eating habits. The irregularity in your day to day eating can cause a number of health problems for you. This can be solved with the help of healthy ready to make food options like pancake and waffle mixes.
Waffle mixes are extremely easy to prepare food packets which mostly consist of ingredients like Wheat Flour, Corn Flour, Sugar, etc. and certain mixes provide some additional ingredients like milk, eggs, buttermilk, etc. which help in improving the crispy and golden texture of your waffles. To ensure best nutritional value you can go for waffle mixes like the Bob’s Red Mill Organic Waffle Mix or the Kodiak Cakes Pancake, Flapjacks and Waffle Mix. While if you want a Belgian Waffle option, you can go for the Krusteaz or Classique Belgian Waffle Mix.
You Can Check Too :