Cambridge Audio Minx GO V2 Wireless Music Streaming System
Listening to rock music, is where the speaker is most known to be really good. The genre works pretty well with the Go V2, because of the focus on mids in its sound signature. You will surely love these review on Review10s.
Welcome to our Cambridge Audio Minx Go V2 Wireless Streaming System Review. Here’s what we will be looking at
- The features and giving you a full review, of the Minx Go V2 Wireless Streaming System
- Some of the customer opinions of people, who have already bought the system
- We’ll also give you our verdict, whether we’ll buy it or not
- We’ll try to save you money and give you the best prices at Amazon.com
The Cambridge Audio Minx Go is definitely one among some of the beautiful sound system product, as portable speakers and wireless streaming systems are the rave of the moment. When wireless speakers are called into the spotlight, the Cambridge Audio Minx Go V2 can be said to have picked up where its predecessors (the Air 100 and Air 200) left off.
Asides from a little bit of disgruntlement from consumers as regards the price, the device which won quite a number of tech review site’s “Editor’s Pick” would definitely leave you with some sense of satisfaction, knowing that you’ve not stuffed some hard earned cash down the drain.The Cambridge Audio Minx Go is a statement of balance between design and function, not totally sacrificing style to produce a quality device. The Cambridge Audio Minx Go V2 is a good-sounding, portable wireless Bluetooth speaker that costs a good deal less than most of the competition including the Beats Pill.
Cambridge Audio Minx Go V2 Wireless Streaming System Features
Features And Specification
- Designed to easily pair with your phone, tablet or computer, Go V2 lets you play music and internet radio stations that are either stored on your device or from your favorite apps with unbelievable power and in exceptional quality. Listen to Spotify, Napster, Last.fm, Tunein, BBC iPlayer radio and more. Go V2 is a born traveller, bringing the world’s content to you or letting you take your favourite national/local stations with you wherever you and your smartphone go.
- Better sound for twice as long and all at a ground-breaking price point is the promise for the new Go V2 portable wireless music system from London based sound experts Cambridge Audio.
- Thanks to the latest intelligent lithium-ion rechargeable battery technology, Go V2 can be used on the move for almost twice as long as typical competitor products. It also recharges super-fast taking around two hours to reach full charge. For added flexibility, when connected to the mains, Go V2 can also be used to charge-up your tablet or phone thanks to its inbuilt USB power socket.
- Go V2 works with any phone, tablet or computer that supports Bluetooth including iPhone, iPad, Android smartphones and tablets, or just about any MacBook or laptop PC. Just pair with Go V2, play your music and enjoy… No network, no passwords, no hassle! So if you can play it on your smartphone, tablet or computer, you can also enjoy room-filling sound with Go V2. And because most of us use more than one device to listen to our music, Go V2 remembers up to 8 previous phones, tablets and computers so family and friends can easily enjoy their favourites too. Just press play!
- Like every Cambridge Audio product, Go V2 was created by the company’s own design team based in London. Despite its portability, Go V2 is crammed with an array of five premium quality speakers and the latest Digital Signal Processing (DSP) technology to deliver massive power from the smallest possible footprint with an expansive, clear, deep sound that really fills your room with music. Perhaps most impressive is the amount of detailed bass that Go V2 pumps out thanks to the Bass Radiator neatly integrated into the rear panel.
The Audio Minx Go is a reasonably slim little brick of shiny black plastic, around 23cm long and 6cm deep. It’s comparable in size to the Bose SoundLink and only with its styling; you’ll see a device that looks to give its users more on function and features than mere aesthetic appeal.
The device comes with a charging adapter, and you can find the charging port, the USB adapter and the Aux jack just at the rear of the device. The USB allows you to charge your mobile phone while you connect and/or play music from the Audio Minx Go, using the Minx Go’s internal battery.
Of course, Bluetooth is the main way to connect the Minx Go to a source but there’s also a 3.5mm auxiliary socket that lets you connect the speaker to just about any source – Bluetooth or not, making it a plus if your device doesn’t have a Bluetooth connectivity option.
It’s a relatively frills-free box – there’s no NFC, no apt-X codec support, no waterproofing, and no Wi-Fi – but practically, we found out that it works remarkably well. Its Bluetooth reliability is good and we found that it can impressively remember up to 8 devices. That means you only need it pair it once and you can use it with being tech savvy.
Also while it can really stand up by itself, it comes with a flip-out foot underneath for extra stability.
Minx Go V2 Wireless Streaming System Design
The wireless speaker is designed to be very user friendly, and I think it might be safe to say that the Audio Minx Go has been designed to give users an experience of what it is like to have a nicely built device, with excellent sound, and with an excellent battery life. The minx Go is available in just two colours – Black or White.
In a laptop bag, the Cambridge Audio Minx Go will take up a good amount of space and I think it wouldn’t be a bad idea if came with a small handle, although with or without a handle, the device remains impressively portable. Cambridge Audio has clearly put in a lot of work into making the Minx Go as portable as possible, without sacrificing too much in terms of sound quality. The main device material is plastic, but it has the normal metal speaker grille that covers the speaker’s front, with no protective flap to keep it safe.
Minx Go V2 Wireless Streaming System Performance
Ultimately, bad sound output equals an overall bad device but the Cambridge Audio Minx Go V2 has quite a pixel-like filtered sound production that can fill a medium sized room with quality sound. The device is a powerful-sound output speaker that’s capable of excellent volume for both its size and price, having slightly greater volumetric space than something like the $$$ Ultimate Ears UE Boom; which is one of the things that make the Audio Minx Go wireless streaming system sound very sharp at fairly high volumes too.
The battery life of any portable speaker is one of the most important features it’ll come with. The Minx Go V2 takes about 3 – 4 hours to get fully charged, although, while we were at it, there were small periods of usage while charging. At full charge the Minx Go V2 lasts for up to 15 – 17 hours at regular volume – a figure that clamps most of its competition. When the volume was put to blasting level, the time it lasted was significantly less. Overall, the device’s battery stamina is pretty impressive.
Unlike most of its competition, the Cambridge Audio Minx Go V2 doesn’t feel absurdly overpriced. The device can comfortably compete with other competing wireless streaming systems twice the price. Its performance is pretty good, and at under $$$, you would definitely feel you’ve gotten value for your money. So if you’re thinking about purchasing the Cambridge Audio Minx Go V2, you can go ahead if you’re not too bothered about the price, the size, and the streaming.
Cambridge Audio Minx Go V2 Wireless Streaming System User Manual
The cambridge audio go v2 manual cover topics such as:
- Important Start-up message
- How to Switch it on
- Bluetooth set-up
- Pairing Your Device Manually
- If your Bluetooth device is NFC enabled
- Pairing a second device
- Aux input
- Battery Safety
Other Top Tips covered are
- Auto power down
- Low battery warning
- USB Charging
The Cambridge Audio Minx Go V2 wireless streaming system gets a lot of 4 stars for general body design, sound quality, battery life, connectivity, but that’s not to say there aren’t some minor issues. For instance, the sound quality of the device gives out some distinct reverb buzz when the volume was pushed very high.
Although the speaker’s clarity is decent, and there’s a total overall sound balance, the bass sound quality might be sometimes a little bit distracting. Its bass radiator is keen on making the speaker give out as much bass as possible; it results in the buzzy sound which gets pretty clear if you put you put your ears meticulously to the back of the speaker. Overall, the Cambridge Audio Minx Go V2 is one of the best devices you’ll get at under $$$.
Where To Buy The Cambridge Audio Minx Go V2 Wireless Streaming System
We recommend you buy the Minx Go V2 Streaming System from Amazon. You get up to 18 hours of complete non-stop playtime. If rock is your passion, you will definitely enjoy it. Sleeping and waking to delightful music while I slept, is what I dream of daily. And you can pick it up for just $$$.
- Confident design
- Phenomenal battery life
- Loaded with features
- Charging is via power brick
- Untidy sound signature
- Poor in value
You Can Check Some Articles as well